LaunchBox Community Forums

My RPG is called Invention Destruction, come play and test it please!

SentaiBrad

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having to re-up the game. Apparently I forgot to move over a spawn point and it was spawning players in a glass wall. xD Yea, I've ported engines and taken a long time to try and find what I want. I'm still not completely satisfied with the art assets, but it's what I got right now.

I think there is some issue with the teleporter to the VR-World. I played until Brad plays on his computer and gets sent into the video game. But i'm stuck in an object and can't move and i don't have RPG-Maker installed to go through it :/ invention-destruction.png But so far, the game has really beautiful chipsets and mapdesigns. The story is also very catchy. I was wondering why it's that huge. Is this a full game? 700mb for an RPG-Maker game seemed pretty much for me. EDIT: Oh you already figured it out :D Is the link updated?

Yea it is now! https://www.dropbox.com/s/40btvy5sdt0vi1p/Invention%20Descruction.rar?dl=0 RPG Maker games are bigger now than you might be used to. :P This is with all of my assets. They of course will be trimmed down as time goes on, and this does include all of the music I might want to use. It's mostly audio at this point. I wish this was a full game. xD

Maybe i'm too stupid or there is still a bug with the teleporters. If i join the VR World, it teleports me back to Brads room no matter which portal i use. And after that it immediately sends me back if i rejoin. But don't feel forced to rush another upload, just tell me if it's playable :) A few improvement suggestions so far: The city maps look a bit empty (which is a clearly a problem of the newer RPG-Makers and their high field of view), you could add some more characters/animals/cars moving around or add some cloud and light effects. Some traffic sounds would also add some athmospere. It would really improve the gameplay if you wouldn't let the player go all over the map (or move to another map) if there is nothing to discover. But anyways, i'm catched up and hope to see more of the game soon. PS: The cat charset has some strange pixels above, which drive me crazy :D

• 2 months later...

Well first of all, RTP can encompass a lot of things that doesn't have to do with artwork. Second, just because someone does use RTP, doesn't make it shit. Not only did I get rid of RTP Dependencies anyways because I wanted it to be a smaller 1 time download, I have also since moved to MV. Progress has been honestly slow, but I am still always thinking about it. I was actually debating about streaming development again for it. It worked well last time and people actually helped in some cases.

• 10 months later...