LaunchBox Community Forums

Get your Butts and your wallets ready for the STEAAAAAM SAAAAAALE!

SentaiBrad

BC2, good old days!!!! Bf3 come out made the transition and been playing Brokenfield 4 since then... ooppss sorry battelfield 4 got love the new 60 hertz servers. Is Overwatch any good? I´m always afraid to buy matchmaking games since Battlefront.

Overwatch is awesome. It's extremely polished and I have very little negative to say about it. I like that there are a lot of different playstyles available because of all the different heroes - there's really something for everybody, and even the types that I wouldn't normally gravitate to have proven to be extremely fun; there are very few heroes that I don't enjoy playing (and that's rarely a knock on their design - there's just some of them I'm completely horrendous with). In fact, completely to my shock, the hero that I have the single most playtime with is Mercy - a healer. That was the last thing I expected, but I just find her really fun and satisfying to play. Mercy, Roadhog, and Junkrat are my favorites. I haven't had any issues with the matchmaking per se - there are definitely times where you'll run into lopsided matches, but that's true for pretty much anything. That said, it can sometimes be a frustrating experience to play alone - which is why I have a couple people I play with regularly. The matches are only 6v6 so just having about 3+ in an existing group is beneficial. It's not terrible to solo queue or anything, but having a preexisting group makes it easier to coordinate. The only real complaint I have is that the loot box system is pretty much garbage - it's actually really rare that you get anything worthwhile. Most of the time it's just minor junk. Granted, 100% of the unlocks are cosmetic, so it's nothing that's actually game/balance changing, but it is a significant driving force/motivator for continuing to play - so when you get nothing but garbage 5+ levels in a row (and it'll take several matches to level up once after you're 30+) it can be annoying. There are a few characters that I think need a couple minor tweaks, but Blizzard's actually great about that kind of thing. As I said though - it's extremely polished, plays very well, is very balanced, has a huge amount of depth, and is a blast.

What I’ve picked up so far: A Game of Thrones - Genesis: 2,49€ Crimzon Clover: World Ignition: 1,99€ Final Fantasy III: 6,49€ Final Fantasy IV Bundle: 11,49€ Grandia II Anniversary Edition: 9,99€ Halo: Spartan Bundle: 2,49€ Pinball FX2 - Deadpool Table: 0,79€ Tales of Symphonia: 7,99€ Total: 43,72€ ~ 48,70$ The maximum I want to spend on each sale are 50€, so I’m doing pretty well so far :)

I know that feeling. I have 1200+ games in my library and still 500+ on my wishlist… Fortunately I’ve completed my Final Fantasy collection on Steam now. I only miss 5, 6, 11 and 14 but I don’t care about the MMORPG’s and don’t want the ugly iOS ports of 5 and 6 either. Unless they offer the original 16 bit version of those games I don’t bother to buy them and play those two through SNES emulation.