LaunchBox Community Forums

What was your very first game console? And which console was your favourite?

ps4isthefuture

Welp, my first game console was the 2600. It was also my only console up until I got the GameCube in college. This was very sad. Not really, though; I always wanted and begged for consoles as a kid, but I always had a decent computer to play games on, so I had it pretty good. My Dad just always wanted to get computers instead of consoles.

I have back in the States still, my original SNES, original Playstation, my best friend's original NES, one of my friend's 5200, 2600, my original PS2 (waiting in line for 2 days for), Game Cube, N64, Sega Genesis, my friend's Saturn and I think that is it, ohh and my original PSP and GBC, GBA, wait I just remembered I have a 3DS here with me. Also have a Red Octane Pro DDR pad for the PS2/PC in storage, it's very heavy and it was expensive, but great for parties. I had a Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii but I bought them and sold them for more than double and waiting in line Friday for the PS3 and Sun for the Wii, fun times urban camping, lol.

My first console was the Sega Master System, where I remember playing the games Psycho Fox, SpellCaster, Scramble Spirits, Out Run and the built-in game Hang On. My favourite console would have to be between the first Playstation and the Dreamcast.

I never was into Sega when I was growing up. But looking back to the Dreamcast , Sega could have made it if they weren't so crazy with their decisions previous. I would much rather see Sega in the place of Microsoft in the console market. And Nintendo needs to remember us, the ones who grew up with the NES and SNES.