LaunchBox Community Forums

Any plans to ever bring LB to Android in the future?

ps4isthefuture

I was just curious if there were any plans in the future, at some point, to bring LB to the Android platform (ARM devices). I only bring this up because ARM devices are becoming more powerful everyday and also many people that cannot afford a PC most often have an Android based phone, tablet, or box. For example, here in Thailand most people here don't own a PC. They pay to play PC games at a gaming/internet cafe. However everyone here, almost, have smart phones or tablets. I'm sure there are many other places around the world that are also like this. I believe if LB was brought to Android/mobile/ARM devices it could open up the flood gates for LB. Just an idea I thought should be at least thought about for the future of LB. LB is awesome and it has been exciting seeing it evolve since I started using it. Cheers.

Guest Kirsten Marie
Hey @ps4isthefuture! There has definitely been talk of this happening eventually. We would love to make this happen, however at this point have decided to focus on the PC version for a plethora of reasons. We definitely agree with you though, it would be awesome! :)

Thanks, PS4, we definitely want to go there but I'd have to sacrifice too much for the desktop client currently in order to get there. But maybe in a year or so, after the desktop clients are really well fleshed out, we might look to tackle an Android app. Or, if for some reason we see crazy growth and can afford to hire another developer, that'd be great too.

I would put my vote in for that, so far I have tried some of the other front ends for Android (there are two that I know of) and neither of them are as fast or easy to set up and after spending hours trying to get everything working, I just tend to give up and use the emulators are they are. Not that the UI for them is bad or anything but once you get spoiled by LaunchBox it's hard to go back lol LaunchBox is hands down the best front end for anything I have ever used.
  • Like 1

I don't like to beg, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do an Android version!!! The two front ends that are available on Android are just so lame, it's embarrassing. When you think of the devices that now run Android and also the proliferation of hand held gaming devices like JXDs and NVidia Android has to be a market for you.... I'm on my knees. It ain't pretty.... Cheers J
  • Like 1

I don't know, Kickstarter it's strange. I think there aren't a lot of people with my same dream but maybe if they see a video of LaunchBox running on mobile device, they can say "OMG I have a lot of emulators! I need this!! I no longer need girls and beer. I want launchbox now in my Android 2.2.3.4.1!"

It's what happened for me. Personally i would donate 100000000000000€ but i haven't money so i can donate 50€, Gamesome have 50000 downloads on google play. 

50 * 50000 = 2500000 ( It can be a realistic calculation? )

I'm doing some experiments with Corona SDK to create a launcher. Maybe I can be your developer xD I think corona it's perfect to create big box animations. You can think about use it.