LaunchBox Community Forums

A perfect Commodore Amiga WinUAELoader.exe aviable!

aRcAdEsTaTiOn

I asked Frode (the developer) to change the auto config to an A1200 and he already did it: http://fs-uae.net/2015/08/31/fs-uae-2-5-40dev-released This should cover running the vast majority of Amiga games via LaunchBox! In the future Frode hopes to implement autostarting the perfect config for each game as recorded in the "Open Amiga Games Database". This database would also be a great way to correctly scrape Amiga games info in LaunchBox, by the way, as the GamesDB is not really suited for this job. I believe Jason is already working on that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
Freestate said
orac31 said I am not good at explaining things but its quite easy and I see what I can do. to get the best you need amiga forever for the kickstarts etc I think it over and try and put down what I did
Hello?
hi I did a post of how I got it to work give it a try and let me know if you need any help

• 1 month later...
Can anyone who has done this successfully, please explain how to get all the games from Amiga Winuae into Launchbox in one go? Or is it only possible setting each one individually at a time? I use winuae (Fsuae is not good, because the WHDLoad doesn't allow savestates currently) There must be someone who has discovered a way to import multiple Amiga games into launchbox? The winner of this question will be seen as a God to everyone here I'm sure. Cool

What do you mean how to import multiple Amiga games? Are WHD files not 1 file? I haven't messed around with them yet, but even if they aren't 1 file it's still super easy to do. If it's 1 file, just add folder, if it's multiple files and you need to pick out the file you need then use add files and the windows search function. Click add files and navigate it to your Amiga rom directory. I assume the file extension for these files is .whd (it's just an example if it's wrong), so put "*.whd" in the windows search and it should filter out everything from the current folder you were in and all of it's sub folders. Click a game in the list, Ctrl + A then click add. Should work from there. If the files are not named properly but are in a bunch of folders with the proper name, on the last page click the box "Use folder name", so that it will use that instead of the file name. I haven't started in on WHD games yet, but that is the plan soon, so if I am wrong about anything let me know.

"What do you mean how to import multiple Amiga games" I mean how do you add more than 1 game at a time to launchbox for Amiga. Since Amiga games using WinUae have multiple disks per game, you can't drag and drop a collection of disks into Launchbox, or essentially you're adding disk 2, 3, 4, etc as they are individual games. "Are WHD files not 1 file?" Yes, but they are useless because they prevent save states. The emulators for Amiga, like any other, have save states, but they do not work with WHD, which is why it's not possible to use them. "If it's 1 file, just add folder" Do you mean put all for example 4 disks into a folder, then drag drop the folder into launchbox and it should auto mount disks 2 3 4? Please forget everything about WHD, because whilst they work fine, it's not possible to use save states, and that renders them useless. You can't save games either since it doesn't write to harddrive format, only floppies, therefore when play really long games like Dungeon Master, there is no way to save, meaning it's impossible to playthrough. I'm trying, like many I see over other forums, trying to go BACK to floppy version because of save games, using Winuae, and trying to add multiple games which consist of multiple floppy disks, so that they are recognised as single games. Even if there's a way to manually add a game using disk 1, and then get the extra disks to load into disk drives 2, 3, 4 etc it would be useful. Some games used even more than 4 I believe. So in short, How can multiple games consisting of multiple disks be added so they are 1 game recognising all disks, using winuae, which enables save states possible :) Thanks (I've been trying endlessly on and off for about a YEAR Crynow sigh so exhausted phew!)

Ah!! Ok, the save-less thing I didn't know about, what explains a lot. I thought you were trying to add WHD format games. Per multiple disks, no there really isn't an easy way to add them as 1 file. It is something that we have been heavily requested, but it was always from a clean up stand point and less of a functional stand point. I say that, because in most other emulators you can make a save state and load up the second disc, load the save state and it generally continues on it's marry way. I have don this in the past, but it was a while ago. I am unsure if any Amiga emulator is like this, and you may need to rename the save file to match the second, third, fourth, what ever diskette, but it should technically work. I don't remember renaming saves... but I could be wrong. I did have to do that for BS Legend of Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets, but that was completely different.

You can add games with multiple disks, it just wont be clean. You'd either have to rename a bunch of Disks (and redownload the same art because once you start changing game names the art will dissociate it's self), or enable the file name in the Game Details bar in the options and read which is Disk 1, which is Disk 2 etc. I use this to keep track of what disk is what without having to rename a bunch of files and redownload media. You can also use the Additional Apps feature, but that is 1 by 1. You Import all Disk 1's, then edit them and add the other disks via additional apps. It's a pain in the butt to do it like this, but this is currently the only way to make adding multiple discs or disks clean. For ease of use, and so you don't have to fiddle with it forever, I still think enabling the File Name option in the Game Details setting is the best. You still need to save state and swap disks regardless of your choice, if it even works here.

Hey dudechester, i'm pretty sure fs-uae creates some kind of hardrive image for every game which allows using the built-in save functions of the games. I played Eye of the Beholder on it so I'm sure it works. Did you try fs-uae? If it doesn't work like that out of the box just read a bit at their website.... PS: Technically whdload games ares something like packaged hard drive installs of amiga games. It shouldn't make any difference for using the save function of a game. Generally amiga emulations have options to write stuff on a hard disk image or on a virtual disk, you might have to go through some options menus and stuff. In any case using disk images won't make your life easier. For multi disk games you could do the following: fs-uae allows configuration and starting from the command line. For x disks you must add x virtual disk drives to your virtual amiga machine and than start up the game with a batch script.

dudechester said I have the game Dungeon Master in Launchbox, aimed at the FSuae launcher and I get a black screen. Adams family in Launchbox aimed at fsuae launcher works simply like that? Anyone know what to try testing please?
I have just tested Dungeon Master and it works fine are you using a whdload rom?

we need a heavily detailed tutorial to use amiga games on launchbox, emulatro, configurations on emulator, configurations on launchbox, type of roms to choose etc. I'm still without amiga games, the emulatro configuration is heavy and a real mess, and there's a bunch of rom types.

PLEASE do post a video, although I'm pretty sure I've done everything I should have, since Adams Family works ok? Dungeon Master just won't load in FS UAE with harddrive image. I've tried 3 different versions of Dungeon Master, but it just won't work :( :S PLEASE post a video! You will be remembered as a God forever.