LaunchBox Community Forums

2 interesting/'cool' PC's: 1 Case-Less and the other an Open-Frame Case

CadetStimpy

That first PC was the inspiration for my current machine, which is an All-in-One gaming PC, where the components mount behind the 27" monitor and form the stand. It is certainly no where near as pretty as either of those machines, but it makes my gaming PC into a "Portable" machine! I haven't taken any pics of this machine complete, as I am not yet happy with the wiring (Too much time playing games through Launchbox!) but you can see the setup in these build pics. Back.jpgComponents.jpg

DOS76 said They R both incredible
You got that right, DOS! What I liked most about the Open-Case one was the shiny Smile, angled fittings for the cooling system. No hoses bending around (obviously that can look great, if done well), but a more 'Tetris' approach, I guess. And the fan array! Besides it's impressive size (Laugh), it was beautifully lit, and I even thought those little, polygon-shaped hooeys in the corner of each fan were a decent color choice, and well as more originally shaped.

Jason Carr said Wow, holy crap the top one is beautiful. Now *that* is a perfectionist. What a beautiful build.
I don't mind admitting, I'd be pretty damn proud if I could say I had designed and built it! Crap, I dunno, but one must have some level of plain, ol' artistic talent to even envision such a project. I'm envious. Being a person preferring blues, greens, and purples over reds, yellows, and oranges, my only change to the entire build would be to have the overall color be say, blue, instead of red, and then making those central, spiral 'coolers' predominately red. Plus, that could give it the appearance of a 'heart' in the center of the masterfully built bio-mechanical organism. Smile The way the main components were placed, sectioned off, and then bordered by those light strips was gorgeous. The alignment of everything appears impeccable, and no doubt is. I don't think it'd surprise me if the 'mounting board' was a slab of granite! And last, but not necessarily least, the old-school VU meters in the lower-right corner. Brilliant!

CADScott said That first PC was the inspiration for my current machine, which is an All-in-One gaming PC, where the components mount behind the 27" monitor and form the stand. It is certainly no where near as pretty as either of those machines, but it makes my gaming PC into a "Portable" machine! I haven't taken any pics of this machine complete, as I am not yet happy with the wiring (Too much time playing games through Launchbox!) but you can see the setup in these build pics.
Cool idea, CADScott. Looks as if you know your way around sheet-metal. Perfect spacing on those rivets, it appears. Smile I'd be interested to see the finished product, as I'm always open to new cable-management ideas. Well, you certainly have plenty of room to work with. Wink I don't know if you'd even want to (or could), as large holes would need to be made (unless you sent the cables around the edges, but is there room to run any cables between the back of the monitor and the back of the 'stand'?