LaunchBox Community Forums

How would one contribute a Console photo and blurb?

CadetStimpy

SentaiBrad said Are you talking about on the Database?
Yes, I was, but then I saw you had answered my question in another Topic. But, hey, could I just pass-off a photo or two, w/potential blurb, for approval? Scrounging for good pictures can be tedious, and that's grunt-work I'm well suited for. Laugh Your skill-set dictates more important/valuable endeavours, I think. Wink

This site has many fantastic quality images of consoles that are missing images in the database: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos They are all common media too, so no issues with using them on our database I hope! This include some really nice transparent background PNGs.Smile Commodore-64-Computer.png

@Jason, I would be more than happy to pull out all the images for consoles with missing images in the database and post them somewhere for easy access if required. It is one of my OCD peeves that so many consoles are missing images! Cry

That would be tremendously helpful. I've been trying to fill them in here and there, but since we don't have contributions enabled yet for them it's been all my doing. The important image of course is to get the device image, and it's tricky because needs to be a transparent PNG in order to look right. If you can put those together, though, Scott, that'd be amazing. It's relatively easy to upload them, it's just more of a pain to find them and doctor them (if needed).

No, Interlacing would cause blurriness. if you compare a 1080i or 1080p picture you can see it is a bit blurrier then the Progressive Scan image. If all you can find are JPEGs though, converting them to a PNG may not do anything really other than change it's file extension. PNG's are more worthwhile if you have transparent layers, you were working in Photoshop and just output a new image or you're working from high resolution RAW or otherwise camera shots or box scans and you wanted to put them through Photoshop then have an image for the web.

SentaiBrad said PNG's are more worthwhile if you have transparent layers, you were working in Photoshop and just output a new image or you're working from high resolution RAW or otherwise camera shots or box scans and you wanted to put them through Photoshop then have an image for the web.
Ah..., well..., if I submitted a JPG, could you tricky dudes convert it to what you needed, since I'm not fully comprehending what you're talking about (and I don't have Photoshop, anyway). LaughLaugh

• 2 weeks later...