LaunchBox Community Forums

IOBit Drive Booster warning!

DOS76

I installed IOBit Driver Booster on my desktop the other day and it seemed to fix a lot of old drivers which was good so I installed it on a few more PC's one was my Asus EP121 tablet which is an older Windows 7 (originally) tablet. Driver Booster totally replaced the tablets touch drivers with a USB touch interface which is like using your finger as a mouse and nothing like using a touch screen. I have a 8 inch portable monitor that features the usb touch and frankly it isn't worth using as a touch screen in my opinion it is terrible and nothing like how touch should be. Anyway I reinstalled the touch drivers for my tablet and that fixed everything up but users should beware that programs like this can have negative effects on your system my IOBit even told me it was creating a system restore point but when I went to use it this morning I couldn't find where it had created it at to utilize it. So unless you know how to fix driver issues on your own I would suggest being cautious when using this program.

Yeah I usually use the Asus site since almost all my computers and MOBO's are their brand. Its actually not to bad compared to some other driver sites. I was looking for a quick all in one solution but I don't think that I'm going to be installing this on any of my other PC's.

Yeah that was the only issue and it was easy to fix but if you don't have experience with getting drivers on your own it could be problematic. I'm definitely not saying that you shouldn't use it just know it is changing your computer and if it detects something incorrectly you could have issues. I thinking from reading more that I could have somehow rolled back specific drivers but I didn't look so much as just start panicking because my PC wasn't working correctly. I have a lot of the manufacturer drivers for my models on my server already so I grabbed the touch drivers I needed. I would suggest looking at your drivers and if you are using something like a touch device and it wants to change your touch drivers that are working perfectly fine don't let it.

I did have an issue once, where either I accidentally closed the program down or it had crashed, in the middle of installing network driver updates. Restarted, came back up, no internet. xD Thankfully I had another PC in the house, but still, that's scary sometimes.