LaunchBox Community Forums

Probably a Stupid Question... Custom Filters?

Kriven

I wish you could bulk edit game paths. I realized last night that I had moved the folder to my NES games that I had associated with Plex. I didn't want to delete them and re-add them since I had spent hours getting images and linking games that weren't found due to small naming issues. Instead I ended up changing the XML entries for 1068 games while I watched/listened to 8 episodes of Night Court on Plex.Yell (Dual monitor setup)

In my particular case it's because I'm misusing LaunchBox and mingling games and comics, so I want to create a "Media" filter and quickly add all games to one tag and all comics to another, but I can imagine people who want to quickly tag games by certain composers or operating systems or director would also find it a useful feature. (In trying to accomplish my multi-media browser, however, I did learn that LaunchBox is having trouble moving artwork when you retag a game. Nor does it easily differentiate artwork between rereleases [in this instance I'm having issues with Prince of Persia for PC. I've separated them by "Old" Prince of Persia and then the 2008 rerelease, but the artwork likes to mingle and mix up].)

If you want to change path locations, this can be achieved by editing the XML. Load up your LB XML in Notepad++ or a competent notepad program. Ctrl + F. In Notepad++ you can find a specific string of text and replace it with something else. I'll use my scenario as an example. Previous I had two Emulator paths that I wanted to consolidate back in to one. In to F:\Emulator. So I searched the XML for N:\Emulators and replaced it with F:\Emulator. If all you want to do is replace part of the path just search for that section. Like You want to keep the Drive, but change the folder. I would search \Emulators and replace with \Emulator. As an example. You can really do what ever else you'd like instead.

The way of Ctrl + F scans the entire XML and will replace them all at once. Edit: It will replace them all if you choose the "Replace All With..." function. There is one to count how many times that word or string of text is used, and another one to just highlight it.