LaunchBox Community Forums

EmuMovies Download Service Utility and Rom Compression

Syriacn

I purchased Emumovies Download Service Utility (or the paid service I should say) In order to download videos now that Big Box supports videos (By the way Jason you are AWESOME!). I have my rom collections all extracted, and the ones with additional disc's, tracks, or bins are in folders. The problem I am having now is using this download utility to scan for Playstation 1, instead down loading 1 video per game it is seeing all the different bin files for each game (some 50-60 bins) and downloading a video for each one. (so sometimes 50-60 game-play videos per game) I had the same problem when scanning Commodore 64 into launchbox, then going through and needing to delete multiple disc from appearing. So my questions are: How do you guys have your roms collections set up? Are they compressed/archived/rar'd? Do all the emulators except rar or compressed files? Do rar or compressed files take much longer to load? Does having a multiple disc rar work, does it go on to playing the next disc? What kind of compression do you use? Or is there a simple way to scanning the folders and not downloading multiple videos for each different disc or bin? Thanks as always JeremySmile

Hi Jeremy, unfortunately I don't have a solution for the duplicates, as I tend to only keep the most ideal copy for each game in my collection. The compression for the ROMs of course depends on the platform/emulator, as some emulators support different archive formats, and some don't support archive formats at all, so unfortunately you have to deal with these things on a per-platform basis. Hopefully some other people can chime in; I'm probably not the most informed on this stuff. :)

I have issues with adding games for both PS1 and Sega CD with it making an game for every file in the folder. Sega CD isn't a big deal due to the lack of games it isn't to daunting of a task to add them individually now PS1 is a whole different animal due to the amount of ROMs that I have. What I was wondering is there anything you could do on your side to limit what type of file the import ROM scans for by specific platforms eliminating all but the one file needed to launch the game. Like an option to find only .bin or .cue. Or even after it finds all the files an option in the form where it displays the names and allows you to delete files before importing to group them by type (file extension) and eliminate all of the unneeded files in bulk.