LaunchBox Community Forums

TheGamesDB.net 403 forbidden

optimus0

bd000 said Your ISP will not be able to help you, other than assigning you your own IP. If they can't do that, then you have to create your own solution. This will most certainly be a none-issue for them unless the whole town called up and complained about the same thing. Even then, if they have the monopoly, they'll probably just say "sorry, use a different site". Things will change when IPv6 is fully implemented. Am I right in assuming that you have called your ISP and requested a personal static IP and they said they cannot do that? Also, are you on dial-up or broadband? Dial-up would explain the fact you have to enter a user/pass to connect. Are you sure you were not mistaken when you said VPN? While it is possible and small remote towns can use some very odd methods, it is unlikely. I think you will need to find your own solution. Have you tried tunnelling out yet? If not, try a VPN. Subscriptions are only a few dollars for 1 month of service so it won't break the bank to give it a try. After a breif search I found that Boleh offer a 7-day trial service for $3.70 https://portal.bolehvpn.net/order.php They are many other services out there and you will probably want to shop around if you are planning to make a VPN service permanent. But these are cheap enough to test with and they are well established. Purchase the 7-day plan and download the client. Once connected to the net using your normal method, run the client and start the VPN. (They will have several gateways, just choose the one closest to you for initial testing.) Once connected, try connecting to GDB. Run LB and see if you can scrape.
Ok i will try to explain how the connection works here. an optic cable comes from a big city 250 miles from here the ISP has a "central" station from there distribute to all town using small antennas and a very old rf cable connected to a router (i think) in order to use internet i have to create a new connection Image-1.jpg then use the the name and pass that they assign me and yes i need to find my own solution. the service es really bad and ridiculous expensive 1MB for 150 u$s. They even block PSN last month, a few friends and i go to their offices not very happy, and they unlock it but now is very VERY slow. i check the site you recommended, looks great

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bd00's solution is probably your only option, and is worth a shot; it's likely that it'll fix the problem. Keep in mind though that all VPN providers are not considered equal, a lot of them suck, and your performance will suffer even worse if they do. There are a lot of good ones, but there are also a lot of bad ones. I've had good luck with these guys in the past: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Jason Carr said @bd00's solution is probably your only option, and is worth a shot; it's likely that it'll fix the problem. Keep in mind though that all VPN providers are not considered equal, a lot of them suck, and your performance will suffer even worse if they do. There are a lot of good ones, but there are also a lot of bad ones. I've had good luck with these guys in the past: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/
good news, right now, something go wrong with the ISP and almost all limits have been lifted, i am downloading from TGDB right now, i will download all that i can. Edit: i bit disappointed about TGDB only a few of DOS games and some have the info wrong like Zork. Edit2: The premium version has anyway to lock the size/proportions of the front covers?