LaunchBox Community Forums

Disable title background

Rhedox

Is it possible to disable the dark background/ outline of game titles? I'm using a single color grey background where plain white text would look much better. Here's a quick mockup so you guys know what I'm talking about: http://i.imgur.com/R7IlZyX.png If thats not possible at the moment I'd like to request it. I'd also like to disable this border of selected items: http://i.imgur.com/p1B8TV3.png

Nice to hear that. :D Keep up the great work! @The border: the white highlighting of a selected game is more than enough. When multiple games are selected I'd make the last one a bit brighter. That's not really all that important as the border is barely visible at all anyway.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/12/2018 at 11:46 AM, JesseBlue said:

So it´s 2018 and we still have the thick black outlines. Please Jason, show some mercy.  ;)

The white text won't be visible against a light-colored fanart background if we remove the black outline. So if we added an option to remove the outline, we'd need a different solution...

Makes sense. Though if you look closely, the surrounding outlines are actually not pixel-perfect to the text (due to some unfortunate issues with Windows rendering and ClearType text), so that would require going back to the drawing board somewhat. That said, makes sense. I'll try and gauge how popular this request is based on how many times I've heard it requested. Is there a BitBucket ticket for it?

41 minutes ago, spycat said:

Would it be possible to dispense altogether with the border and add a new option to LaunchBox (under Tools, Options, Theme, Fonts) to select the text colour? 

We could certainly add that as an option, but it still won't solve the invisible text problem with changing backgrounds.

• 1 month later...

Count me in on this too. With so little to complain about this amazing piece of software, it's something minor like this that just bugs me, for some reason. I would love the ability to have clean titles under my box art without the thick offset border. Not high priority for most, I know, but seems like an easy thing to add the ability to choose how you want the text displayed. (Says the guy who knows nothing about coding software....) With black border, without, and maybe a choice of color.

Edited by subatomic09