LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga "Hall of Light" watermarks

FistyDollars

This is an open post to whoever is posting all the Amiga screenshots and box art with a watermark for the Amiga database, "Hall of Light." We can't accept any art with watermarks. Unfortunately I have to reject them regardless of quality, if I see that blue "Hall of Light" watermark in the bottom right. In addition, I've been having to reject any New Game submissions that have watermarked images attached. The last thing we need to do is make enemies, despite the questionable practice some sites have of watermarking images they don't hold the actual copyright to.

I have been accepting new games with the Hall of Light logos, but rejecting single images. I agree that we should not have any watermarking on the images, but I feel that we need to get all the games for a platform into the database, then it is much easier to replace any images that are not up to standard. I also very much doubt that Hall of Light have any legal claim over any of their watermarked images!

For screenshots (sometimes box art as well), Lemon Amiga has no watermarks - www.lemonamiga.com For other sites with box art - mobygames and exotica - www.mobygames.com and www.exotica.org.uk

It's not necessarily to avoid copyright, I could guarantee they don't own the copyright, it's more so that the image is untainted. We also don't want to advertise other websites either really, which is primarily why they usually do that sort of thing.