LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box - Make emulator menu configurable

Talantyyr

When choosing an emulator, there are a lot of option like "Open Image Folder" and "Open Game Folder" and stuff. It'd be great if these options would be user-configurable (order) and if elements could be hidden. My issue is, on my TV just with the controller attached i always accidently click on on of the openfolder options, explorer pops up and i'm left with my xbox360 controller in my hand :) Have to get up, connect the keyboard and close it regularly... Edit: I should have mentioned that i'm talking about the game selection screen. The "launch emulator" button is also something i'd like to hide on my tv. (Imho everything should be already configured when using bigbox on a tv ^^)

Hey I'm in no way trying to be a dick here but if you have your system hooked up to a TV and you don't have some kind of wireless mouse keyboard combo (or at least a media remote with one of their horrible mouse pads) for your computer you are doing it all wrong. Amazon has numerous mini keyboards available for around $20 and Microsoft has a $25 keyboard touch pad combo available on Amazon. I personally have a Logitech K400r in almost every room of my house (because there is HTPC in every room) they used to be around $25 on Amazon but I see that the price has risen since the last time I have purchased one. The keyboards are slim and don't take up much room and if that is an issue then the minis are even better for this purpose though not as versatile as a full keyboard with function keys.

Hey, I've already ordered a logitech k400r keyboard yesterday, hope it'll arrive tomorrow. :) But that doesn't change the fact that i accidently click those buttons and it's still have to get the keyboard each time i click the wrong button just to close that explorer window i don't need, that's why i'd love to have the options to disable/hide buttons i know i'll never need.

Thank you so much, scree. Just found it and disabled it! Sry, i have overlooked that option. It's perfect now! I really like bigbox, great work jason and thx for listening! I do have another feature request though :) Don't want to create another thread so i'm using this one. Would it be possible to "lock" bigbox for a period of time after starting a game? Most, if not all, of my emulators take a few seconds (up to 3) to start and meanwhile there's no feedback that the emulator has been started. When my wife gets enthusiastic about playing that favourite NES titles of her, she presses the button a few times and multiple instances of retroarch are started. It'd be cool if, after clicking "Play" the button wouldn't be pressable for a (maybe configurable?) amount of time. Maybe even change from "Play" to something like "Starting Game" long enough to start the emulator (with a spinning circle or something? :) ) What do you think? Would this be possible?