LaunchBox Community Forums

Open Cluebook

dmaker

Much like Open Manual on the Other tab, it would be great to have one for open cluebook, or open map, etc. Any sort of external doc that helps with the game. I recently purchased all the TSR gold box D&D games on GOG. I set them up in Launchbox fine, and the open manual feature works great, but a lot of these games come with pdf cluebooks as well. Would be great to have a definable option for that too. Thanks

Hey guys, yes; I have plans to add room for multiple manuals, etc. However, keep in mind that you can already add these things to games without much of an issue. You can use additional applications for more than just "applications". It's kind of poorly named. This will allow you to add an "Open Cluebook" item to any of your games. It's not as easy as manuals, because you have to manually add them, but it should do the job for now. Per soundtracks, I realize that's a bigger issue. I do want to add that, but it will probably be a while yet.

Jason, in regard to soundtracks, would it be possible to have the soundtrack files in a directory inside the music folder, and have this play when the game is highlighted. I noticed that this happens now with a single media file with the game name in the music directory. So the directory structure would be: -Launchbox ------ Music ----------- Nintendo 64 ---------------- Mario Kart And anything in the Mario Kart directory would be randomly played as background music when the game is highlighted. Media controls somewhere would be great too, so we can skip a track or pause the music. You could have an add audio media option for each game, and the directory is only created when the media to be placed in it is dragged to the add media dialogue. Thanks for the great program!Laugh

Jason Carr said Hey guys, yes; I have plans to add room for multiple manuals, etc. However, keep in mind that you can already add these things to games without much of an issue. You can use additional applications for more than just "applications". It's kind of poorly named. This will allow you to add an "Open Cluebook" item to any of your games. It's not as easy as manuals, because you have to manually add them, but it should do the job for now. Per soundtracks, I realize that's a bigger issue. I do want to add that, but it will probably be a while yet.
This works perfectly! Thanks for pointing this out. EDIT: Actually, while on this topic, does anyone know a good place to get old manuals and cluebooks for Genesis and SNES? I looked at Zophar and Replacementdocs.com, but some of the obvious ones were missing. I thought for sure Starflight, for example, would be there, but I can't seem to find them. Genesis, in particular, was great for having those big, thick manual/cluebook combos. Would love to get a decent collection of manuals and cluebooks going.