LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup error after editing XML

bikeking8

I did a search on this forum and could not find this specific problem. Have also submitted a bug report. Version 5.5 on Win 7 x64. After editing the XML, in particular the "Notes" column, I get the following error upon startup followed by a crash to desktop. ​System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean. at System.Boolean.Parse(String value) at LaunchBox.Data.Game.GetBooleanValue(DataRow row, String column) at LaunchBox.Data.Game.LoadFromDataRow(DataRow row) at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager.Load() at LaunchBox.Data.DataManager..ctor(Boolean bare) at LaunchBox.Program.Main(String[] args) I've stripped the records of carriage returns and characters. Launchbox.xml is not open in any other program. Any ideas?

Yes I forgot to mention that part about Excel... Good news, though, I finally got it to work but for no rhyme or reason. For editing I'm using an XML editor and using its "grid view" that resembles a spreadsheet. I used another website's public API for getting genres and descriptions, as GamesDB seems to still has a lot of growing pains to go through. For example, "Racing Game 1" will have a genre of "Racing/Simulation" and its sequel "Racing Game 2" will have a genre of "Racer Game". Also, the descriptions can sometimes leave a lot to be desired. So far the Excel/XML editor combo has worked for copy/pasting thousands of entries at a time as long as I take out html tags and carriage returns. If there was a way to copy/paste into Launchbox's list view, though.... FEATURE REQUEST! Haha... still enjoying the app very much, keep up the good work.