LaunchBox Community Forums

Can i run compressed cd image?

sansa

Hi, yesterday I bought launchbox and I have a little problem , my whole archive of ps1-ps2 consists of images compressed in .zip and .rar, to be launched with hyperspin, it is possible to make them functional even on launchbox without extract them manually one by one?

I don't believe that it is but I am not actually sure. I do know this if you have WinRAR you can select all files (will take forever) or 10 or 20 at a time and choose to extract each file to a separate folders then when that is complete go to the search bar in Windows/File Explorer search for .cue and drag them all into LaunchBox.

excuse maybe I explained badly. I'm Italian and my English is bad. In hyperspin there is a way to ensure that when a game is launched the system automatically extract the iso from .rar or .zip and then mount automatically with daemon tools to start it correctly, there is a method to do so in launchbox?

No, not natively. With the Additional Apps feature under the edit dialogue and auto mount scripts that you can run for Daemon Tools this can be achieved. However, depending on the emulator you don't need to mount the disc with anything. For example, if you have PCSX2 you just launch an .iso, .img or applicable image file directly. There are only a few emulators that require the disc images to be mounted and most PS1 emulators don't need this (at least ones updated within the last 8 years or so) and PCSX2 doesn't require this either. I would also not suggest to do this as it will decrease performance on the more sophisticated emulators.

To unpack the game on the fly? No, no one has created that. Out of curiosity, are you using a high level of compression in WinRAR or are you using Fast, Fastest or Store? If you are using anything between Fast and Store, you might as well just leave the game uncompressed. It shouldn't give you much in the way of storage savings. Otherwise yea, right now you're going to need to manually unrar before you play a game.

i've search for that all the day, but i can't find anything :( I love your program, especially because unlike all the other front end is simple, clean and essential , if you can include this functionality for decompression on the fly , you will always be my hero , for years I was looking for a front end like that You have created and this feature would make it more perfect .