LaunchBox Community Forums

Question: About Organize Roms ( No-Intro, FullSet SNES or others Consoles )

jacarado

Hello Everyone!! Well my problem it's about to organize the roms. I downloaded the fullset ( No-Intro ) of SNES console, but it contais various files of the same game, per example: Aladdin (Europe).zip Aladdin (France).zip Aladdin (Germany).zip Aladdin (Japan).zip Aladdin (Spain).zip Aladdin (USA).zip Aladdin (USA) (Beta).zip My question is: It is possible to delete all of them and leave only one? Or something like that?Because it's the same game, but in country different. I tried to use RomCenter, but i did not make it any option to help me. Thanks For the Support!LaughLaugh

What I do is use no-intro's P/Clone XML to have a 1 game 1 rom set (1G1R). (can also merge roms if wanted) More info here - http://datomatic.no-intro.org/stuff/xml_details.txt I use clrmamepro, but you can also use romcenter. In my case, the region preference is USA, Europe, Japan and then the rest of the regions. This gives me a set with mostly USA region, and then any exclusives to the other regions.

Hello everyone!! @bjwest in that case there are a lot of files to be filtered, so this tip unfortunately won't work for me.thanks anyway. @Bil I read the documentation, and after that i downloaded the "clone/parent" DAT file, and import in the RC. After this i finally made it!! With the RC, the games haves only 1 region ( preference in USA or BRA ): 1-2.JPG 2-2.JPG @garbanzo Yes i understanding about this, example is Final Fight, In the case the japanese version is better than american version, thx for the tip :) And for last question, for the images for each game, i used the launchboxtool: --> Rename Titles --> Create a "gamelist.xml" with somes images downloaded with the scraper.exe --> Used the Option in the Launchboxtool "sselph / scraper" for put the images in the main program --> And finally used the Launchbox for Search in Databases for missing images. Even After That, there are some many games withouth images, and they are not registered in any database ( most are japanese games ), this is normal? there are other ways for download images in the games? ( Example: Yu Yu Hakusho 2: Kakutou no Shou ) 3-2.JPG Sorry for my english and thanks a lot for the help!! Thanks for all!!

For games with no metadata you have to put in the work especially for the Japanese games very few of them are in the databaseyu_yu_hakusho_2_SNESbox.jpg Here is a Yu Yu Hakusho 2 box found on Google. You can open your edit window for the game and drag the image from here into the edit window image section and it will add it. It is long tedious work but your collection will look fantastic after you get through it. If possible the most efficient way to work on this is with multiple monitors if not an option then using individual windows for LaunchBox and your browser will work.

• 1 year later...

Was also looking for this. You can do this in the audit window. The images count columns are sortable. To truly get the count it seems you have to first set the image priorities in the settings to only show the corresponding images not others. Otherwise in the audit window it will group the images based on the image priorities so you will get for example front and 3d front grouped together in both.

Edit: it also seems LB can merge duplicates so this acts partially as a 1G1R mode.