LaunchBox Community Forums

Sony PSN Flash Sale

Lordmonkus

Right now Sony is running a flash sale and they got the newish Strider game on for under 4$. If you don't have this game or have not played it before I highly recommend it. It's basically Strider but with a heavy Metroidvania component to it. This game is for both the PS4 and PS3. There are some more games on there worth a look as well but Strider is by far the highlight in this sale.

Yeah it's been out a while but it's just so good I just figured I would share this info for anymore who may not have it or played it before and has a PS3 or 4. I buy PSN cards and dump cash on my account and wait for the flash sales and grab games for dirt cheap. I don't like paying full price for digital only games, this way if for whatever reason I lose access to the games it's no big deal when you only paid a couple of bucks for them. If I am gonna pay more than 3 or 4 $ for a PS3 game I will head to a local game store and pick em up used and actually have a physical copy. Love the PS3 at this point in time, very affordable system and dirt cheap used games and easy to find. Some great exclusives to the system too like Dragon's Crown and the HD remaster of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. I also grabbed the Flashback remake, Galaga DX and Soldner X2 and X3. 5 games for under 10$ you can't go wrong.

Lol yeah. I generally won't bother with games I can play through Retroarch like the older Strider games that are on sale as well. I also left Steamworld Dig alone since I already have the windows version of that game (very cool game though). I try and stick to games that won't run well on my shitty laptop like the newer Strider or just aren't available elsewhere.

I also picked up the three Fatal Frame games, in addition to Manhunt. I'm not a fan of where PS2 emulation for PC is at right now, but I'm also trying to minimize the amount of physical space my games collection uses up (I was at four or five full bookcases at one point... now I've narrowed it down to just a few shelves on one by taking disc-only titles and putting them in jewel cases...), so I hop on a PS2 Classic any chance I get. There's a decent Naughty Dog sale going on right now as well, so I picked up the first Uncharted since I only just got a PS3 and have some catching up to do.

The PS2 emulation of PS4 I am much more interested in because of Trophies. I miss save states though because they're super handy. It's part of why I like the Nintendo Virtual Console. I don't like that I have to buy a game for each of my systems, my Wii U and 3DS are not linked in that respect, so I have to rebuy my SNES games now that they are on N3DS. My PS3, PS4 and Vita are linked though. Some of the games I bought for PS4 on this sale are also on my Vita, so that's nice.