LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist feature

calle81

Hi again, I would love to have a playlist feature such as in Spotify. Basically you would right click a game, select add to playlist and then select between add to existing or create new. This would allow someone to easily create a collection of eg. all Mario games across all platforms or just have a favorites playlist.

I think he's essentially wanting to create "systems" on the fly within LaunchBox. So if you clicked Mario (NES) and then Super Mario World (SNES) you could create a "system" called Mario Bros and launch games from different platforms. This feature would be really advanced, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to start a ticket on it. Having said all of that, you should be able to create a "Mario Bros" system with games from multiple consoles etc. just like you would any other system. I haven't tried it, but in theory, you could just import mario games into that system, and manually change the emulator.

Please Playlists like iTunes kind of Playlists. No need to move systems etc. Favourites could still be favourites within each system. Separate playlists could enable us to have all Mario games across platforms, all street fighter games across platforms etc. etc. etc. would be very, very cool. Please, Please (Please).

jipwack said Please Playlists like iTunes kind of Playlists. No need to move systems etc. Favourites could still be favourites within each system. Separate playlists could enable us to have all Mario games across platforms, all street fighter games across platforms etc. etc. etc. would be very, very cool. Please, Please (Please).
That specifically is the Series field. Fill out the series field, then sort by that.