LaunchBox Community Forums

Hiding Mouse Cursor

ViperJPB

Looking into using this as my arcade frontend on my HTPC. Looks great. Before I purchase though I'm curious if there is a way to hide the mouse cursor in Launchbox? I'm a fan of the Launchbox interface and not entirely sold on the layout of Bigbox yet. I'm using a joypad to move around and make my selections, however when I open a game and then exit out back to the launchbox interface the mouse cursor is reset to the middle of the screen. This causes the mouse to hover over a game and highlight while I am moving the actual selection around with the joypad. Annoying and distracting to have the two selections running at once. Anyway to disable or autohide the mouse cursor so this doesn't occur? Or is this something that may resolve itself with the premium one and features like minimize and maximize after entering and exiting? I think it is caused by the emulators switching to a lower more appropriate fullscreen resolution for emulation then bouncing back. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
IlhanK said https://www.launchbox-app.com/forum/troubleshooting/hiding-the-mouse-pointer#p20931
I'm having this same issue using Retroarch for pretty much all my emulation so far except mame. Although this works by using additional app and adding this per game, I don't see an additional apps tab for a whole platform. Really don't want to edit hundreds of games to not show my mouse cursor. Is there any other options? Or possibly additional apps tab being added for platforms or emulator section?

Unfortunately additional apps don't support bulk editing for the moment. I am a bit confused why this is an issue with Retroarch though; on my Windows 10 machines the mouse is automatically hidden whenever I start up Retroarch in full screen. Are you not using full screen @Sithel?

Jason Carr said Unfortunately additional apps don't support bulk editing for the moment. I am a bit confused why this is an issue with Retroarch though; on my Windows 10 machines the mouse is automatically hidden whenever I start up Retroarch in full screen. Are you not using full screen @Sithel?
EDIT: nope nope nope.. lol i was testing a rom that allready had that additional app added lol... dam thoght i found a work around well well well... i just found a way of "bulk" adding this nomousy lol .... under the edit emulator tab for retroarch i just added the path to my nomousy.bat file to the default command line parameters.. now when retroarch opens it hides the mousy :)

I hadn't thought about this...but one thing you could try is using the AutoHotkey tab on Edit Emulator. That will allow you to do whatever you want via a script before you run the emulator. So if you use AutoHotkey to run nomousy, that should work. I believe there are even AutoHotkey scripts to hide the mouse, though not sure how you would turn it back on afterwards. Running an application with AutoHotkey is as easy as this:
Run PATHTOEXE

Jason Carr said I hadn't thought about this...but one thing you could try is using the AutoHotkey tab on Edit Emulator. That will allow you to do whatever you want via a script before you run the emulator. So if you use AutoHotkey to run nomousy, that should work. I believe there are even AutoHotkey scripts to hide the mouse, though not sure how you would turn it back on afterwards. Running an application with AutoHotkey is as easy as this:
Run PATHTOEXE
trying it now thanks

Ok so this is what i have tried so far... in Kodi i have added the nomousy.bat to the BigBox app via the " Run script before launch " under the configuration option unfortunately this is not working for whatever reason. i Also added no mousy to my Bat file that i have launch when my computer starts... unfortunately this also doesn't work... and i have added it via the Add additional apps in Launchbox and this worked... but obviously it is time consuming to add it to every game. i also tried added it via the AutoHotkey but unfortunately also didn't work... Ill find a way lol

Jason Carr said Unfortunately additional apps don't support bulk editing for the moment. I am a bit confused why this is an issue with Retroarch though; on my Windows 10 machines the mouse is automatically hidden whenever I start up Retroarch in full screen. Are you not using full screen @Sithel?
@Jason Yes I'm running Retroarch in full screen. My test machine is actually Windows 10 and still get the mouse cursor showing. I have my arcade machine that's running Windows 7 and started moving everything over to that PC and I get the same results. I came across this auto hide mouse cursor yesterday that I can auto start with Windows that will hide the cursor and can actually be put on a timer to hide after so many seconds. It's a work around and works, but think it could still be better. Here's a link to that auto hide mouse cursor if any is interested. http://www.softwareok.com/?Download=AutoHideMouseCursor

Thanks, @Sithel. I'm wondering though if there's a setting in Retroarch or something, because the mouse is never visible for me when I have Retroarch loaded. I did find this: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2056 Looks like it was a bug when using overlays but supposedly it's fixed?