LaunchBox Community Forums

ePSXe problems

Drybonz

I was trying out the new version of ePSXe and I ran into a couple small problems. There doesn't seem to be a feature for "analog to digital" (like with Retroarch) that will allow me to use my analog sticks in games that didn't support the dual analog PSX controller. Is there a way to do this without remapping the controller each time I play one of these games? Also... a small annoyance... each time I close ePSXe it re-sizes my Launchbox window. Is there any way to prevent this short of leaving the Launchbox window maximixed? Also... I used to use Pete's graphics plugin... with the new version of ePSXe do I want to use the ePSXe graphics plugin or is Pete's still the best one to go with? Thanks for the help. :)

Of your 3 questions I can tell you Pete's is no longer the best plugin. The changelog made that abundantly clear that it is vastly superior now, and users have reported big increases for performance. There may be instances where Pete's is used for compatibility because the new default is not perfect, but it is superior.

If ePSXe is changing the resolution when it closes it probably won't fix it even if LaunchBox is maximized I have this issue with a bunch of emulators that don't support my TV's native resolution and I always use LB maximized. If ePSXe supports your monitor/TV's native resolution try changing it to that.

Thanks guys, now just have to figure out the controller issue for older games, like SotN that were before analog sticks. *edit* On a side note... the reason I don't run Launchbox in a maximized window is that it blocks my taskbar... I just size the window to almost the full screen.

SentaiBrad said Of your 3 questions I can tell you Pete's is no longer the best plugin. The changelog made that abundantly clear that it is vastly superior now, and users have reported big increases for performance. There may be instances where Pete's is used for compatibility because the new default is not perfect, but it is superior.
Where does it say this? It's slow as hell for me.

SentaiBrad said Does your computer take advantage of DirectX 11 or any of the big advances? "Ported the Soft GPU from the Android version. The new GPU Core requires a videocard supporting OpenGL2 + GLSL shader."
Yes, it's a Radeon HD 6670. The core plugins have always been unusable for me.

Yeah the difference between RA Mednafen and ePSXe 2.0 is really small. Trade off a small amount of accuracy (epsxe) vs quality of life features (RA). ePSXe does have an edge in performance too though, my 1.5 gHZ laptop with 4 gigs of ram isn't quite fast enough for RA but runs epsxe just fine even with lottes shader.