LaunchBox Community Forums

A 'Favourites' Platform?

Walrus13

Hi everybody, Am loving Bigbox :), but was wondering if there was a way to add a favorites menu in the platform listing? Like an option when ticked it would compile all my favorites from all the various platforms and display them under one tab, i know i can display all my favs with a custom filter, but i think it would be fantastic to have it as either a quick launch button in bigbox, or displayed as a "favorites" platform, so i can quickly view all the games i love to play from across all platforms, but it might be a silly idea.

You can add all of your favorites either one at a time or through the importer if you used the importer though you would have to choose one emulator then change the emulators accordingly for each platform or game either individually or through the bulk edit wizard. Basically it can be done but could be a shit ton of work if you have a lot of favorites.

DOS76 said On 2nd thought couldn't you just use your all platform and then use the favorites custom filter and it would display cross platform favorites
There could be an entry marked as Favorites so it gets laid out like a regular System does. Shy of an update though, looking at the Platforms list in BigBox with your cursor all the way to the top, favorites show up on the right hand side.

An all tab wouldn't help in this specific case actually. Filtering or a Favorites specific tab to view would be the best possible solution so that it appears like when you open another system. Like I said though, if you highlight the top most line (should be blank) you'll still see your favorites on the left and you can navigate that menu. If you want a specific favorites view in BigBox though you're more than welcome to request it. Click Feature Request at the top of this page.

Hi SentaiBrad, Thanks for quick reply :) But i dont seem to have a blank line at the top of my bigbox setup, when it loads if i click up or highlight up, it goes to the bottom of my list of emulators, i dont seem to have a space or see any favs...although i could be missing something basic :)

Thanks for pic.....no I dont have that space at all, and i just had a look around the options and cant seem to find anything that could make it. I sort of remember awhile back having something like that space, and it turned out it was caused by adding a game without a platform specified and it sorta bugged out like that. Like how it says it has 2 games for your blank space, makes me feel like you might have something similar, not sure... am far from an expert lol :)

Walrus13 said Thanks for pic.....no I dont have that space at all, and i just had a look around the options and cant seem to find anything that could make it. I sort of remember awhile back having something like that space, and it turned out it was caused by adding a game without a platform specified and it sorta bugged out like that. Like how it says it has 2 games for your blank space, makes me feel like you might have something similar, not sure... am far from an expert lol :)
If I did I wouldn't be surprised, but it shows all my favorites for all my systems though. xD Regardless, lets add Proper favorite support to the BitBucket tracker for BigBox.