LaunchBox Community Forums

Playing Sega Saturn games with multiple discs?

Avowian

Saturn, PS1, PS2 or gamecube is the same thing, you can add any disc as additional apps. After that, you will see dics 2, dics 3,... with right click (or in the game menu in BigBox). img1 Edit a game (ctrl + e), additional apps tab and add application... img2 And set it like that (use emulator box checked): img3 Otherwise changing disc when you're playing is directly inside emulator GUI. For RetroArch go to Core Disk Options > Disk Image Append. I hope I have helped you Wink

Just out of curiosity, does the Saturn Yabause core actually run at a playable speed for you ? It runs god awfully slow for me on a 4 ghz AMD cpu. The standalone Yabause and SSF run fine for me but from what I have read on the retroarch forums the RA core doens't have the dynarec compiler in it yet and doesn't have the opengl support the standalone has.

Honestly SSF is a pain in the ass but once you get it going it works very well on a lot of games (Also sometimes different versions run games that the newest version doesn't). I know it isn't great definitely isn't intuitive and it requires 3rd party disc software but it is actually a good working emulator. This of course doesn't even go over what a pain in the ass it is to use in LaunchBox with setting up all the additional apps (of course if you can get the .bat working it saves time but for me the .bat doesn't start as many games as the additional apps method does). Also with Saturn the additional app method doesn't work since you have to actually mount the .cue before you run it or at least it doesn't work with how I have everything setup.