LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Premium member... updated and now Big Box won't open

hawkguy

Hi everyone, When I updated.. the Big Box desktop shortcut became invalid. When I go into Launchbox and try to launch Big Box, a tiny window pops up for about 0.5 of a second, disappears.. and then nothing happens. I've restarted and everything. Any ideas?

Sounds like permissions must have somehow gotten messed up in your folder structure. Either that or it's possible that you have file system corruption, so could try running chkdsk. Anyways, yes, I would try fixing permissions or installing to a new folder and copying over the LaunchBox.xml and License.xml files.

A fresh install on a different drive, and installing it with admin didn't work? Two drives can't be going out at the same time... There is a folder in your original LB folder that holds backup exe's inside, if you try any one of these it wont work? Beta's, older stables?

Admin probably won't really make much difference, for the record. Honestly I have no idea what might be going on; this seems to be an isolated issue with the machine. Are you able to run a completely new install of 5.10 in a brand new folder? Is it only Big Box that isn't working? Also, what version of Windows are you running? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

I'm having the same problem, and when i hit ignore Bitdefender antivirus will delete BigBox.exe Virus: Gen:Variant.Razy.55596 even after i make exclusion for this file it will be deleted... i didn't have this problem with old version PS: I just installed ver 5.9 without any problems :)

• 4 weeks later...