LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble downloading new beta verson

kerszr

Jason Carr said Hi @kerszr, this looks like it's just that BigBox.exe is running or something else is accessing that file. You can try killing BigBox.exe with Task Manager or even just rebooting your machine should hopefully do the trick.
Yep that easy! Thank you! Have a wonderful day! Kiss

come to think of it... More likely fix was I was running a anti-virus software that asked me if i wanted to run the launchbox executable and in the time between updates i switched it off. So when I was updating launchbox with the antivirus program on it mustve broke some processes and might have confused launchbox! That would make the most sense. Next beta build ill update u. see if i can make the bug happen again. Laugh

Hi @Opaklopper, send that meme to Kaspersky. Their horrible software is so full of false positives that users have no idea when they have a real virus or not. If you search around on the forums you'll find all kinds of related discussion. I've been to hell and back trying to fix this problem to no avail. And no, there are no viruses in LaunchBox or Big Box. My recommendation remains: uninstall any horrible computer-lagging third party anti-virus programs and stick with the Microsoft stuff that is built-in to Windows.

Yea that's what i used to do. I had just some suspicious things going on today, so i installed it to check everything. Then it will be removed again :D Common sense is the best anti-virus, i didn't expect that bigbox is a virus.

I don't know, i had always good and cooperative experiences with them. At least with Kaspersky. You can submit the file to their lab https://newvirus.kaspersky.com/#page-02 mark it as false positive and they will reasearch it. If it's clean they will update it. It's in their own interest to not have false positive finds i guess. And maybe they can give you an advice on how to avoid those false positive finds. It's all about connecting with those companies. There is a AMA on Reddit atm on https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4uueqa/we_are_kaspersky_labs_global_research_analysis/?st=ir4vsh1o&sh=959ef71f Let's see if they answer me :D

They just linked me to their partner program http://www.kaspersky.com/partners/whitelist Frown Maybe you should give it a try. One requirement for that made me laugh: "Company’s software must not advertise or promote third-party software or web resources, unless they are used as a launch platform (like Steam or Origin)."