LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding Platforms to Retroarch not working

shenglong

Please Help I have been trying to add NeoGeo to the associated platforms list under retroarch and cannot seem to get it to work. I have been able to run the neogeo zip files directly through retroarch on both the fba core and the mame2014 core but when adding the platform NeoGeo with either -L "cores\mame2014_libretro.dll" or -L "cores\fb_alpha_neo_libretro.dll" neither will work. I know its not the bios file as that is in place in the system folder or retroarch. To me it seems there is something broken when adding platforms to retroarch in launchbox. I love the program and I want to thank the development team for their hard workLaugh

On the associated platform you have NeoGeo in your platform list is that how you have it there also any deviation could cause issues. Here is an example of mine.NeoGeo.JPG Maybe you could send us an image of yours and we can look for any problems.

I double checked the command in the associated platform section and mine is identical to your photo. When i launch it says "retroarch has stopped working". I have the .zip of the bios in the system folder in retroarch and in the folder where all my roms are.

Yesterday I had an issue with no space in between the L and the quotes (-L"cores\) this was keeping it from working right so just make sure the space is there other than that I don't know what the issue would be if it works outside of LB it should work inside of LB if it is configured correctly.

Yea I am stumped too... Command line is proper, then names of the systems (in Associated Platforms and on the left in LB match), and you have the BIOS in two locations for coverage. Maybe also try updating the core in RA or updating your RA to the latest Stable or Nightly and see if that fixes things?

ok... I tried it on my other system and neither system will load the rom. When I select a rom with launchbox through retroarch on my main system gives a message saying "retroarch has stopped working" which would lead me to believe that launchbox is loading the wrong core. when selecting that exact same rom through retroarch directly it works fine. On my other system when using using launchbox nothing happens... no error message same exact settings. what would be the the emulator besides retroarch?

This is also a good way to use multiple cores for the same platform for example if you wanted some games to run on the Handy core but others to run on the Mednafen Lynx core or some on the pce fast core and others on the supergrafx core you would need this method to allow that to happen.