LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox PCSX2 Error

Kristijan1001

Some interesting stuff here, seeing as one of my upcoming tasks will be to play around with PS2 very soon. I apologize if this is seen as derailing, but it might also be too lame to start a new thread about it :)

Packing with 7zip: Some of the games are kinda huge, like 4GB. Does the "unpack before run" not take some serious time at every game startup?

Packing into cso: This idea intrigues me, since i do the same with PSP games. I didn't know this was possible for PS2 also. I read somewhere that PCSX2 will take gzip-files if the emulator indexes the file beforehand, but that seems kinda tedious. So, should i just use the same tool for both PSP and PS2 to end up with cso-files?

7 minutes ago, Xyb0t said:

Some interesting stuff here, seeing as one of my upcoming tasks will be to play around with PS2 very soon. I apologize if this is seen as derailing, but it might also be too lame to start a new thread about it :)

Packing with 7zip: Some of the games are kinda huge, like 4GB. Does the "unpack before run" not take some serious time at every game startup?

Packing into cso: This idea intrigues me, since i do the same with PSP games. I didn't know this was possible for PS2 also. I read somewhere that PCSX2 will take gzip-files if the emulator indexes the file beforehand, but that seems kinda tedious. So, should i just use the same tool for both PSP and PS2 to end up with cso-files?

I had trouble with the cso compressor for PSP. I'd recommend you use maxcso to compress PS2 games, you can batch convert them all with it (just drag and drop).

The marginal benefit of gzip over cso is not worth the trouble of needing a cache file. CSO it's your best option for PCSX2.

3 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

I had trouble with the cso compressor for PSP. I'd recommend you use maxcso to compress PS2 games, you can batch convert them all with it (just drag and drop).

The marginal benefit of gzip over cso is not worth the trouble of needing a cache file. CSO it's your best option for PCSX2.

Thank you so much!!! You just saved me a lot of time and probably also a few headaches :)

Never tried maxcso. I will give it a spin this weekend.

• 7 months later...

If anyone is still getting an error about the cdvd plugin. When you set up your roms. Make sure load up time is set to zero. It is set at 5 sec. default and prompts the error about the plugin not being set up right on your computer. Once I set it to zero the games play with no issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 11:56 AM, Kristijan1001 said:
SentaiBrad said Disable the DVD plugin in the plugins menu and it should work fine. Edit: You only need it if you have real discs in your PC.

How do i disable it there isn't any way to do it only to select other plugins ?

i got a solution for this, is converting ps2 cds bin/cue to dvd iso .

Just download this pack files and follow the steps .

https://mega.nz/#!IsYDCCaB!aGej1EyF9EjHcAnUidYfMXM7VTJm_ap-XNByZpXU6wo

STEP 1;

Exctract the cd files with isobuster .

STEP 2;

Patch cd to dvd files with DVD Scan 3.7. Scan all files inside folder of the game .and accept yes to the unknown files.

STEP 3;

Create a Dummy file (dummy app on File Creater folder). file need to me 1 GB and name as z z . replace inside game folder already patched to dvd .

STEP 4;

Create dvd with imgburn . choosing the option, create image file from files/folder, add your game folder/ destination folder and convert .

If you have some issues watch this video and post there you will got help, but the video is in portugues :(

have nice day .

Edited by johnpt0759