LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox PCSX2 Error

Kristijan1001

I have Launchbox set up with PCSX2 ,my games are in 7zip and i have the extract box ticked,All games work fine except the ones that include .bin and .cue inside the 7zip Archive.When i load those games .cue is being loaded and PCSX2 doesnt want to run the .cue but only the .bin file.If i run the .cue i get this error.Any help would be appreciated on how to go around this or fix it so all games work. PCSX2 Error While Launching .CUE Files

SentaiBrad said Re-reading your post, don't run the cue sheet. I don't even have cue sheets for my PS2 games, they're all in CSO format to save space.
As i said my games are all in 7zip i cant just extract everything and remove the cue files,i know that the bin file works fine,but wat i need is for launchbox to run the bin instead of the cue.If cue isnt present launchbox starts the bin but if cue is present in the archive it runs the cue file and pcsx2 wont work.

Right, I think LB is prioritizing cue sheets for systems that require the game to be launched from it. Without waiting for an update to that functionality I would either make the iso's CSO files or remove the cue sheets from the archives. Something about the cue sheets PCSX2 is trying to launch them differently.

SentaiBrad said Right, I think LB is prioritizing cue sheets for systems that require the game to be launched from it. Without waiting for an update to that functionality I would either make the iso's CSO files or remove the cue sheets from the archives. Something about the cue sheets PCSX2 is trying to launch them differently.
Will update for this for sure happen cause i dont like to go through 600games :\ ?

Yea that would be tough. Will it happen? Sure eventually everything will happen. When the feature was first rolled out there was an issue with users who need to launch cue sheets for PS1 and Saturn where it's required. The feature at first would rarely launch the game or it would launch not from the cue sheet. We never had someone test PS2 games because we honestly suggest users don't archive Disc based games for load time reasons, and even then I don't think any of us launch our PS2 games from cue sheets. So honestly you're just the first person to have this specific issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Kristijan1001 is there a specific reason you want to keep the .cue files? And did you test to see if there's any/much size difference between the .7z and .cso (compressed iso)? If there's no need for the .cue files, you could unpack your files, delete the .cue files and repack to cso files. Like Brad said, that would also reduce the loading times (for unpacking your 7z) because PCSX2 can read the cso directly.

• 3 weeks later...
Kristijan1001 said I have Launchbox set up with PCSX2 ,my games are in 7zip and i have the extract box ticked,All games work fine except the ones that include .bin and .cue inside the 7zip Archive.When i load those games .cue is being loaded and PCSX2 doesnt want to run the .cue but only the .bin file.If i run the .cue i get this error.Any help would be appreciated on how to go around this or fix it so all games work. PCSX2 Error While Launching .CUE Files
I too had this same issue and I solved it via a batch file, it's a hack, but it works. I set LaunchBox to launch the following batch file for PCSX2 with no extra commands so my sample command line looks like this: LaunchPCSX2.bat "File" I made a batch file named LaunchPCSX2.bat saved next to the pcsx2.exe and in that file I put the following code
@echo off start "" /wait pcsx2.exe --fullscreen "%~d1%~p1%~n1.bin"
So what it's doing is extracting the drive letter the path and the file-name without the extension and putting them all back together with a hard-coded ".bin" on the end and launching pcsx2. Of course the AutoHotkey ESC to close doesn't work because it's not actually closing the emulator itself. Ideally LaunchBox would let us choose in the Manage Emulators settings which file to launch with the emulator but I certainly understand why .cue is preferred by default. Unfortunately PCSX2 doesn't support .cue files, oddly.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/27/2016 at 12:03 PM, SentaiBrad said:

Where it says CDVD, click the dropdown and select the null plugin, or with that Plugin selected hit configure and make sure the Source Drive says @ (no disc). https://i.imgur.com/sBb1Lw3.png

image.thumb.png.703e706677ad11d78b57189491eaef18.pngSorry for revive this topic. I tryed everything and my game dont launch, the emulator take me to the System menu from ps2...
Im runing the game from a 7zip file!

• 2 weeks later...