LaunchBox Community Forums

Kega Fusion fullscreen exit

bmonomad

Hi guys, Love the program; thanks for the time and effort. As i'm going down the list and configuring emulators, I can't figure this one out. My google-fu failed me and I can't find a list of full-screen hotkeys (or where to change them) in fusion. My goal is to get to the menu bar when in full screen. I can't seem to find a hotkey that does this. Now, when I press escape, it goes to windowed mode where I can access the menu bar, and that's fine. However, if I open fusion inside of launchbox and press ESC when in fullscreen, it exits the emulator completely, which is not what I want. I checked the emulator settings inside launchbox and there is no script at all under autohotkey, so I'm a bit confused on this one - I'm not really sure why it exits completely only when launched via launchbox. Thank you!

Fusion was and still is a very good emulator but it has been surpassed by the Genesis GX core in Retroarch which handles SMS, Genesis and Sega CD games. It just doesn't do 32X games but PicoDrive handles that. Genesis GX is 100% or very damn close to it in terms of accuracy and is the only was to play PierSolar outside of MESS which is just awful to try and setup. I highly recommend making the switch as Retroarch is much better in many ways for the systems it supports outside of a couple of exceptions. RA handles keybinding better, it handles frontends better, it has by far the best shaders to get your old games looking just right for your personal tastes, save state management is better and the best reason to use RA over all else is the Hard GPU Sync option to reduce input lag drastically. Like I said, Fusion was and still is a very good emulator on its own but if you intend on using a frontend Retroarch is going to make your life so much easier and you don't lose any features of Fusion besides 32X.

It really is worth the effort for many reasons. Brad as done guides on getting up and running and several of us here on the forums can help out with any questions you may have. Also if you check the link to my blog in my forum sig scroll down and I got a guide there for some of the different general video settings.