LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't bulk import

bmonomad

So ran into this bug which has had my head banging against the desk for a few hours. I will walk through the process I took first: 1. Under saturn, I highlighted and deleted all but 2 games, as I wanted to do a bulk edit of the source file and couldn't see a way to do so without re-adding the games. 2. When I click to import my folder with all my saturn games, even with 'force duplicate' checked just in-case, the 'ready to import' screen shows nothing. It literally shows just 'name' and 'file', and a grey area. 3. I figured it was due to other associations of some sort, so I deleted the remaining games, deleted the saturn emulators, deleted the saturn images and manually deleted the saturn metadata for all games (as they were still there). I put 'none' on the platform side and it had no games listed there, as well as checking listview for any games not under any system. 4. I closed down and re-opened launchbox and attempted the bulk import again, and have the same result with it not detecting any of my saturn games. I attempted changing emulators and that didn't help. 5. Now here is the weird part. If I individually add a game file, it detects and adds it fine. But if I select the folder import, it doesn't. Just incase, I re-tested the bulk folder import on another system and it works fine - so confirmed this is due to the previous delete of the sega saturn games. Any ideas?

@jason carr Not sure if we are speaking the same thing, but just to be sure - system meaning platform. to clarify, if i do a bulk folder import on, say, dreamcast, it works fine - while on saturn it doesn't. My tree is like this: ...saturn/games/individual game folders I could go through individually and add the 80 or so games I have, as that seems to work. But it is strange that the folder import is not detecting them since I did a big delete. Is there a way I can 'add files' and bulk do it without having to go folder to folder? Thanks again

Yes, use the add files option. It's something I cover in the tutorials and is the only way I really import game. Use Add Files, go to your Saturn games folder, then use the windows search box in the top right. Saturn I think you load the cue sheets right? Well if you do use cue sheets, type in "*.cue" or type in "*.iso" or "*.img". I don't remember what Saturn needs, but you can do that as many times as you need. If you need just the images of the games, you can do iso, img, mdf etc all in one pass. When the search filters your games, click one then hit Ctrl + A to highlight them all and click add.

@jason carr @sentaibrad Seemed to work that way (windows made me rebuild index first; one of those days). Still confused as hell why I can't folder import though - can't think of any bases that weren't covered. I would do a full reinstall if I hadn't already spent so many hours on other system setups in launchbox. Thank you guys for the help.