LaunchBox Community Forums

Re: database information

billyc999

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ive had a look at PSX2PSPv1.4.2 using the batch.exe converts all files in sub folders and i assume it merges games with the same name, because i put 9 games in a folder and 2 games had disc 1 and 2 the output was 7 files with sles names, that seems ok, but something strikes me as odd, the sizes seem to small for double disc games so next step, i took 1 of those double disc games ive just converted and used the same tool to convert it back, the file comes back smaller than 1 disc so im unsure if it is actually converting it properly if it is working ok then the only step would be to rename all the folders from there sles, slus names using a batch file created from a database then using another batch to rename files within the folders to the folder name theres probably a tool that can do this without using a batch file and a database **edit** ok tested a game, doing multi disc games in batch the last disc allways gets overwritten so multi disc games would need to be done manually, but single disc games can be done in batch which isnt to bad as i have 1700 games only 77 are multidisc

ok solution for SINGLE DISK GAMES (make backup if possible as i dont know how well PSX2PSPv1.4.2 works) 1) download PSX2PSPv1.4.2 and extract to a folder on your desktop 2) download BASE.PBP (google it) and place in PSX2PSPv1.4.2\Files 3) click on Batch mode 4) select iso/pbp folder (point to main ps1 folder that contains subfolders with bin,iso,img ect) 5) Select output iso/pbp folder (create new folder and point to this) 6) click convert.....and wait until finished 7) download attachment :rename folder.txt (rename extension to bat) 8) place rename folder.bat in output folder you created earlier and run it...and wait until finished 9) download and install bulk rename utility 10) start bulk rename utility , and browse to your output folder using the upper left window 11) change these settings in bulk rename utility under File (2) change keep to Remove under Append Folder Name (9) Set (Name) To Prefix under Selections (12) there needs to be 2 boxes ticked Files, Sub Folders 12) select all EBOOT.PBP files in the upper right window (you should notice under New name column what the files will be called) 13) if all looks good click on rename at on the lower right 14) just because 13's unlucky. lol

cool, thats something for me to do another day. just working on adding cpc at the moment but i think i need to rename my roms because there is games with the same name , that are totaly different games from different publishers. also for some reason launchbox is giving some games new titles, which i can spot as it ends up having a duplicate artwork to the game next to it

That's just a database limitation. If you have two games with the same name, but they're completely different games, unless the games and the database entries are specifically marked it's going to just assume both roms are either the first game it finds with that name or the only game it matches with on the Database in that system. That would be a limitation with any scraper / database though to be honest. It's really hard to get something like this perfect when it can't be exact values most of the time.

You could, or you can edit the game from within LaunchBox. If you edit the XML, just make sure to create backups and follow the format. Just Ctrl + F and type in the name of the game, as long as you've added it to LaunchBox it will be there. If you have metadata on a game though, and it doesn't exist on the Database, please consider adding it to the LaunchBox Games Database for everyone.

cheers. the launch box games database does that require inputing each game 1 by 1, if so isnt there an easier way of doing it. i dont mind all my csv data been used but adding it an easier way would make sense the problem i see with my issue on cpc is because all bracketed text is removed, if just regions and revisions where removed it would allow for different software houses inbetween brackets to be added to the database

i was attempting to import whdload games lastnight using a custom mame.xml, but it sees no games. is there anything i can do to name whdgames correctly
MameFile> <FileName>1000ccTurbo_v1.0</FileName> <Name>1000cc Turbo</Name> <Developer>Energize</Developer> <Publisher>Impressions</Publisher> <Year>1990</Year> <<Region>Europe</Region> <Genre>Racing - Motorcycle</Genre> <PlayMode>1p</PlayMode> </MameFile>

i added a ticket for allowing local scraping of xml files, this could solve a few problems like rom naming in amiga whload packs also ive added cpc, but it's giving a lot of games the wrong title when its scraping from the metadata, so im having to check everygame. take daphne emulator for instance , it assumed galaxy ranger was galaxy force , which was easy to spot as its a small system if we can get it implemented like the mame scraper i would be willing to do the xml files for it