LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Help !

hydro

There is no bios files for the CPS stuff like the NeoGeo but the Qsound files may be needed like Mame requires. @Hydro May I recommend you try using the fb_alpha_libretro.dll core. I use this single core to handle all my NeoGeo, CPS-1, 2 and 3 games. One core to run all of them just keeps things neat and tidy and I have not run into any issues whatsoever with it yet. Edit: I just wanted to add for anyone thinking of using Retroarch for CPS-3 games. If you load a game and get a "No CD-Rom" message just bring up the Retroarch menu with the F1 key or Windows button on the controller and in the quick menu Restart Content. It will reset the game and won't give the "No CD-Rom" message. Not sure how other emulators handle those games. I only noticed this with Red Earth / Warzard.

hydro Setting up and running emulators with their configurations is not really for the faint of heart, really technical and requires you to spend quite some time educating yourself. It's not a "Next, Next, Finish, Run, Play" kind of thing, most of the time. There are a lot of communities with forums etc. with people that want to give pointers, though. But it is not likely that someone will connect with Teamviewer and set it up for you. Because that shows that you didn't put enough time into it to try to understand certain things and it, in a way, becomes the responsibility of someone else, instead of your own. Like SentaiBrad mentioned earlier, he made quite an extensive and comprehensive collection of videos showing how to set LaunchBox up for a wide range of systems/emulators. You could start by watching the ones pertaining the system you'd like to set up and take it from there. You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA/videos?view=0&shelf_id=1&sort=dd

For possible no sound fix look in the Driver menu and change the audio setting. It should be Xaudio but you may or may not need something else. Also look in the Audio menu and make sure Audio Enable is set to "On", Audio Mute is set to "Off" and the Audio Volume Level (dB) is set to 0.0 which is the proper volume, you may have set it to a negative value at some point. For possible speed fix enable Vsync in the Video settings, this isn't an ideal fix however and should only be enabled if you have really bad screen tearing. You can also go into the Frame Throttle menu and set Maximum Run Speed to 1.0x, also turn Throttle Menu Framerate to "On" otherwise your Retroarch menu could be too fast. This may or may not work. I know I have had this issue of games running super fast before but I cannot remember how I fixed it. If these don't fix your issues you can try the Retroarch forums, they are generally very helpful and friendly.

lordmonkus said For possible no sound fix look in the Driver menu and change the audio setting. It should be Xaudio but you may or may not need something else. Also look in the Audio menu and make sure Audio Enable is set to "On", Audio Mute is set to "Off" and the Audio Volume Level (dB) is set to 0.0 which is the proper volume, you may have set it to a negative value at some point. For possible speed fix enable Vsync in the Video settings, this isn't an ideal fix however and should only be enabled if you have really bad screen tearing. You can also go into the Frame Throttle menu and set Maximum Run Speed to 1.0x, also turn Throttle Menu Framerate to "On" otherwise your Retroarch menu could be too fast. This may or may not work. I know I have had this issue of games running super fast before but I cannot remember how I fixed it. If these don't fix your issues you can try the Retroarch forums, they are generally very helpful and friendly.
hey, do you have skype. can you add me i have pmed you my ad.