LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES Platform Video

IlhanK

Hi there, This emulator trailer inspired me to create a video specifically for the SNES. Feel free to use it for your BigBox if you like. Don't think I'll be making another one though. My skills and knowledge regarding video editing is very limited, and to make things worse, my stupid Video Editing Software kept crashing on me constantly which made me mad. Yell Maybe someone else with more patience and experience could cover other systems, maybe. ;) Anyway, here it is: DropBox Download

Whoah that looks awesome! Good job! Both thumbs up, I really like it! :) @SentaiBrad will probably hate me for saying this but I think that’s definitely the way that his official LaunchBox platform videos should take as well :) It’s something completely different than the standard EmuMovies platform videos and much more exciting.

Well I haven't seen the EmuMovies ones, so I was honestly just going to do what I wanted to do with them. I've seen this before though when I did the story of the Classics Hub for RSS a few months ago. I generally tend to just kind of do what I think looks and sounds good. What you linked to though is pretty awesome @IlhanK, so thank you very much for sharing them! @CriticalCid no matter what I do someone will not like them. Either it'll be too flashy or too simple, so that's why I generally tend to do what I think ends up looking good. I do know that it will take me a long time to get all the video together, and then I'm gonna settle on an editing style for all of them. I'm not gonna say that what I make wont be as awesome as what @IlhanK created, because I will try and make it great, but I just haven't completely settled on what I want to do yet.

Here's a video which shows the EmuMovies platform video for the SNES in comparison (ignore the HyperSpin theme around of it). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HGpFzpwcBg Basically they use 5 seconds long snippets of various games and fade them together. Pretty simple and clean and completely different than the video what @IlhanK did. I personally think it would be better to be a little bit flashier and experimental like IlhanK's video because it's way more exciting to watch. Also there's no need to copy the pretty basic style of EmuMovies.

Dont get the point of the emumovies one. If you already have the videos for all the games why not pick a random games video, play it for 5 seconds, fade to a different random one, and repeat. This way you dont even need another video for the platform and it will be much much much longer and random
CriticalCid said Here's a video which shows the EmuMovies platform video for the SNES in comparison (ignore the HyperSpin theme around of it).

I've used Cyberlink PowerDirector. There's a free trial version available on their website if you are interested. But honestly, that software isn't particularly well suited for such kind of editing. Other more powerful software may be more expensive though. Its constant crashing drove me nuts. Although right now I am not sure if PowerDirectors was at fault in the first place. Since yesterday my PC is being plagued by odd bluescreens and freezes. :(

Chances are it's not the software, but you never know. I'm sorry you're having issues with it though. :( So, I wasn't going to do exactly what EmuMovies did, but it was the same basic premise but in a neater / higher resolution package. It wasn't going to be straight fade, video, fade, video, but I wasn't thinking something super flashy. I can certainly give flashier a try and / or try and incorporate some more complicated elements in to it as well. If anyone is curious I use Adobe Premiere for main video editing and was gonna use Adobe After Effects for this project where I need it.

It's also worth noting that Flashier is great when that's the entire focal point of the screen you're looking at, aka a YouTube video, a Trailer or even the HyperSpin theme. However, when it's the entire background and you're also intended to read something on top of it, flashier will make things more difficult. As someone who designs things you generally don't want to make something someone is trying to read super busy.