LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Views

Abobo

Hello, This is a totally noob question - how do i switch to one of the new views that were recently released in Big Box? I have the paid premium version and will be updating. I can't seem to find the option to change to the coverflow, Hyperspin wheel, etc.. Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. I can change the view of the platform (wheel view, text list), but I cannot get the coverflow to show up. I enabled it in Options->Games List->Games List View: Fullscreen CoverFlow. When I back out to platforms, I still only see (what I presume is) the text list with details. I even tried exiting and restarting big box mode with no success. What am I missing?

I couldn't even find how to change the view, so I'll start with what cheesy said :) I was looking for a "View" option somewhere under options, didn't know it was that deep in the options menu- I'll try that. On another note, I noticed that the box pic for SNES Final Fantasy III shows "Final Fantasy VI", not the SNES cover/title. Is there a way to leave feedback for the games database stuff? I understand that III really is VI, yada yada, but my SNES game was indeed FF3 here in the States :)

cheesycrouton said I'm having the same issue. I can change the view of the platform (wheel view, text list), but I cannot get the coverflow to show up. I enabled it in Options->Games List->Games List View: Fullscreen CoverFlow. When I back out to platforms, I still only see (what I presume is) the text list with details. I even tried exiting and restarting big box mode with no success. What am I missing?
Ok, I figured out the issue I was having. Once you set the new view, back out and scroll down to the desired platform. Then, you have to press the "Select" button (with the focus on the platform name). I was pressing d-pad right, and the focus was on that platform's "Recent" games, and they do not appear to adhere to the list view that you set.

Thanks for the info cheesycrouton. I noticed on the games DB site for Final Fantasy III that there are 2 separate entries with the same name- one has the FFVI cover and one has the FF3 cover (the one I prefer). Guess I'll play around with the settings to try and pull the correct one. Thanks.

Abobo said Thanks for the info cheesycrouton. I noticed on the games DB site for Final Fantasy III that there are 2 separate entries with the same name- one has the FFVI cover and one has the FF3 cover (the one I prefer). Guess I'll play around with the settings to try and pull the correct one. Thanks.
Changes are being made to the system for Images, and a system called Tiered Images will hopefully fix the problem of users wanting specific images shown first and in what order. FF3, while confusing, should also get alternate naming to FF6 for the Japanese region, and should have the proper FF6 cover marked Japanese, with the FF3 name and cover also marked accordingly. If anything like this still exists, it just means no ones fixed it since we got everything from the GamesDB.

Looking forward to the new image system, Brad. Yep, it exists :) I'm not expecting perfection, especially with how new things are. Agreed with the FF3 and FF6 being marked accordingly. I finally figured out how to view the new Coverflow system last night (wasn't too hard..duh..!) I sat back and viewed all my old NES games in pure retro bliss :D (for probably too long), flipping the boxes over, etc. Very impressive job and am definitely not regretting going for the paid version. Just curious and not a big deal, but is there a direct way to flip the box or play the game without going into the game's menu? I'm using a X360 controller for navigation.

I would second that - I'd never actually thought of this but it's a great idea. If there isn't a way to do this currently, I can submit a bit bucket request (assuming there isn't one already). EDIT: Regarding playing the game directly, I think you can already do this? Don't you press X on the 360 controller to do that? I'm not at home at the moment to check.