LaunchBox Community Forums

retroarch

gizmo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the same no matter what core you use: -L "cores\mame.dll" That command does include the quotes. Just look at the other default commands in the Associated Platforms list and copy the same format, but plug in the core you need and in this case should be mame.dll.

hi thanks for your help and advice sorry i think i should have posted this in my other post mame , what i am asking is when you first import roms into launchbox it asks for default command line parameter is this the same as core? thanks Untitled-16.jpg

No you don't put anything there. The commands that are on the Associated Platforms page are the commands you need to keep and make sure are correct. This is kind of the same box as those, except this passes the commands to the entire emulator, which again we don't need for RetroArch. Edit: Oh right MAME. You don't need to put commands there unless you don't want to. There are commands you can pass through there if you would like, but you shouldn't have to if I recall.

many thanks for your reply , after i have added all the games allthough i uncheck everything apart from certain boxes, i get games up that are doubled , no pictures , and no game works not even in mame i am looking for a bios pack for mame 173 , i looked on the site you gave me by pm but nothing there , when you get a bios pack does it have to match the version of mame that you are using ? with the games i had over 33,000 files but only got 4,300 games would this be correct i would have thought that there would be more games . thanks

I believe that all of the bios files should be included in the ROM set. If you have a full set. A lot of those games are clones, regional duplicates, nonworking, mahjong, Poker, stuff that won't add anything to your value and will just make MAME overwhelming to sort through (Its already convoluted when you have 4K worth of ROMs)