LaunchBox Community Forums

Req some help with themes.

djweevil

I've been messing with this in notepad for a few hours from what i can tell you cannot really move anything around or change fonts. or the text spacing. What exactly can you do? I have only managed to squish and skew a few things. How do i show more than one screenshot? How can I add 2 screenshots and a video ? I wish this thing had a visual drag and drop editor with a snap to grid feature. If anyone finds out how to change things in this perhaps we can post a guide as we go along. I see when I post on the forums that hundreds of people read the posts but no one types anything.

I have no coding knowledge so it has just been trial and error for me too. There is a thread just launched today by @sentaibrad that will have all the master launch box gurus devolping themes togetner. I think as time goes on we will be more able to learn from eachother but for the meantime i suggest you just dick around in the software. I really want to add assest. I reeally want to add a background for the text so it is easier to see from my couch. Laugh

Yea right now it is in Beta, but if you are so inclined you can mess around as much as you want. This is one of those things that is very long term and not something that will be easily completed. We will of course attempt to make it more user friendly, but for now this is the state the theming engine has to be in.

kerszr said I have no coding knowledge so it has just been trial and error for me too. There is a thread just launched today by @sentaibrad that will have all the master launch box gurus devolping themes togetner. I think as time goes on we will be more able to learn from eachother but for the meantime i suggest you just dick around in the software. I really want to add assest. I reeally want to add a background for the text so it is easier to see from my couch. Laugh
What text are you referring to? I can try to help you send me a screenshot of the view you use.

I think it's a little too early for most of the community to start theming right now , I know we're all just waiting for it to become a user friendly application and I'm definitely excited about the way it's going but unless you have some coding experience we will have to wait I'm afraid

If you install Visual Studio and work from there can't you get all those drag and drop and line positioning features. I had a class in VB and we built and designed forms constantly the design part is actually pretty cool until you have to write the code to make it work. We never worked with XAML directly but I would imagine the design process is similar (I could also be completely incorrect). I you are looking to seriously play I suggest you get a copy of Visual Studio instead of a plain text editor.