LaunchBox Community Forums

Control issues with ROM files (too fast)

dizny71

I've been looking up this problem and I can't find anyone that's had a issue with the controls moving too fast on some games. The games themselves aren't running fast, it's just the controls. When you try to move, the movement is so rapid that it can't be controlled. Games such as 720 and APB are really bad about it. I didn't see any setting on MAME to control the speed of the controls but I could be missing a setting somewhere. Any ideas? thanks.

In game hit the "Tab" key and go into the "Analog Controls" menu and play around with the settings til you get something that feels good to you. You won't be able to get a perfect setup just because of the nature of those games and the controls they had but hopefully you can get something that feels suitable to you.

That did the trick. Going under the Analog control settings let me dial it down so the controls are usable now. I was wondering though how do people play games like Tron or Discs of Tron? I know the controllers like the Tank Stick or Xtensions have the roller ball but what about dual controllers for games or unique controllers for games like Star Wars or racing games? What are people using?

There are so many controllers that you need for a comprehensive arcade setup so many that to do it correctly you actually need to have multiple machines (I don't have any so obviously I'm not doing it right). Racing Wheels Spinners Trackballs Lightguns 4-way Joysticks 8-way Joysticks Dancepads Flight Sticks These are basically the controls that you can get for your PC to make it as authentic as possible, and there are still plenty of control types that there are no controllers for (motorcycle games, skiing/water skiing and I'm sure plenty of others) For racing games I use the Logitech G27 and I also have a Logitech flight stick that I use for the Star Wars Trilogy game on Sega Model 3 emulator. I have an Arcade Gun light gun to but I've never been able to get it to work in any consistent way.