LaunchBox Community Forums

Graphical glitch with clear logo's after update to 6.7

AeronNL

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, this is currently driving me absolutely insane because it's happening more prominently now on my new bartop arcade as well. So this is high priority to fix. I already spent a good few hours on it yesterday though and got absolutely nowhere. It seems like it does have something to do with different video cards and video drivers. What are you running for your video card @Kishio?

At this point I have a feeling that this is not WPF's fault and is being caused by the FlowControl/CoverFlow code itself. However, the rendering code is extremely complicated so I'm having trouble narrowing it down. I hope I'm on the right path.

@Jason Carr just a thought did anyone try one of these images that show white outlines and layer them on a black background in photoshop or gimp and see if they had white outlines that hadn't the edges properly erased just a thought.

Hi Martin.

The Platform Clear Logo transparencies look fine when viewed with an image editor like The Gimp, Paint.NET, FastStone etc.
The issue only occurs within BigBox. The odd thing is it's random; as you loop through the Platforms, a particular Clear Logo will be ok, then show the border issue, and then look ok once again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was something like a math rounding error with the rendering of the wheel. It was actually a real pain to figure out and fix, and looking at the math it *shouldn't* have been an issue. But I ultimately had to fudge the math behind the painting to overlap the drawing by a pixel or two in order to prevent it. :) 

Yeah, it didn't really make much sense because the texture was exactly the same size as the object it was being painted on. But ultimately I just had to make the texture a pixel or two larger than the object, which was a trick in itself since I first had to figure out how to stop it from automatically resizing the texture to match the object. Basically we were letting .NET handle too much without explicitly declaring enough of the rendering logic. I still think it was a .NET glitch in that the previous approach should have worked just fine, but thankfully I was able to get around it with some explicit code.