LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox start with Game list (without platform wheel)

FaBRiK

Hi, I'm a big fun of Launchbox, and I'm going to use BigBox in my cabinet in the future. There is one problem I couldn't find the solution. I play only MAME games, so I have only one platform. In BigBox it looks a little stupid that there is a platform wheel with 11 same "Arcade" logo, and I have to choose one. Is there any solution to get the game list right after Bigbox started (skipping the platform wheel). It would be useful for those as well who doesn't want to choose platform, only game even many platform installed. Or any other solution to avoid to choose the only one platform?

I tried asking the same thing a few weeks ago, but never got a response. I don't think it's possible at the moment, unless I am missing the option somewhere. You can request this feature be added here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/new In your case, you could split MAME into some sub-platforms with a Neo-Geo section, Capcom CPS-1, Capcom CPS-2, etc.

It isn't something that is possible at the moment but the link in the above post is a great place to start going about having that change. Tickets are usually handled based on votes so be sure to vote for your own ticket when you create it. I could see this being useful but really only to a small portion of users so good luck with the voting.

Yeah, it's definitely not something many would use. In my odd case, I use separate LaunchBox installs per-platform and launch each platform from a Steam grid icon linked to one of the BigBox.exes. For example, if I want to play NES, I just launch the Nintendo Entertainment System Steam grid icon and it loads the BigBox install that just has NES/Famicom and Disk System games. So in cases like that the platform wheel doesn't look too good. I guess the best compromise would be an option to turn off platform wheel repeating/looping. EDIT: However, if I could launch BigBox straight into a chosen platform... I wouldn't need multiple LaunchBox installs per-platform.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/01/2017 at 4:44 AM, Mandoo said:

For future reference. It possible now. Just set in option to start on filter or was it list? all games. I only use mame and it works great.

U need to reebot bigbox to see the change.

Ask if you need a exact reference to setting.

I can't find what you mean in the settings - would you mind giving some more detail? Thanks 

11 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

There is only one reason to be using BigBox 5.2 its pretty brazen of you to then come on and try to get support for it.

I'm sorry but you have  me at a disadvantage here - am I not allowed to use this version? It's been on my machine since I bought it in September 2015 and I use it because it works. My machine isn't internet connected so I've stuck with 5.2 - am I breaking some rule I don't know about? Can I not ask for help for an older version?

That just happens to be that last version of LB that was able to be cracked but despite the leaps and bounds the program has made you choose to keep using that one. Well you have laid down a defense that while I don't believe it for one second I also can't disprove it either so you have fun with that and maybe someone will help you out with your issues I personally can't be bothered to try to help support such a deprecated version of the software but others may not feel the same.