LaunchBox Community Forums

Sammy Atomiswave - launching roms

Clivvy

Hi

firstly, I am really sorry if this has been posted before - ive used search and found lots of help but I cant work this one out.

Secondly, congratulations on an excellent forum, and I am absolutely loving Launchbox (I moved over from Hyperspin and I have to say Launchbox is actually way better in my opinion!)

ok, my issue! For the life in me I cant work this out.

I am trying to get Demul working to launch Atomiswave roms, but all I can achieve is either launching to the demul screen, or I get this error:

Load File - Unable to find 'ax0601p01.ic18' in romset "name of rom I'm launching"

the roms are in zip format and I have demul working fine for Dreamcast (I'm using two separate Demuls)

can anyone point me in the right direction please? My brain just wont let me work this one out...

oh, also I can launch the games via command line ok....

I'm using Demul 0.7 Alpha

thanks in advance!

Edited by Clivvy

You don't need to have 2 separate Demuls but since you have it done already did you set the command switch in launchbox for your Atomiswave emulator to:
-run=awave

What I have done is one Demul install for both Dreamcast and Atomiswave. I then have a bat file in my Demul folder which I use for my Atomiswave emulator

@echo off

SET STRING=%1

SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=%

SET STRING=%STRING:H:\Emulation\Roms\Atomiswave\=%

echo %STRING%

start demul.exe -run=awave -rom=%STRING%

I was messing around with this yesterday with newest Demul release and the biggest thing I had to remember was making sure all the paths were setup for bios and roms since I keep them all separate.

This may not be the most efficient way to do it but I got it to work this way, lol.

• Like 1

bugger - I must still be doing something wrong.

I modified the batch file to suite my environment, but I get the same result - either it launches Demul showing me the list of games(and then a game wont launch if I choose it) or it does the same thing by reverting back to Launchbox without launching Demul...!

arrgghhhh

no joy :(

I can get it as far as launching Demul, then manually selecting the game (which then launches, yay!) but I cant seem to figure out why it isn't passing the rom name command through - I am using a modified version of your batch file:

@echo off

SET STRING=%1

SET STRING=%STRING:.zip=%

SET STRING=%STRING:H:\Launchbox\games\Sammy Atomiswave\=%

echo %STRING%

start demul.exe -run=awave -rom=%STRING%

ok, not even sure how I got it to work, but its working.

I think what I did was, I upgraded the version of Demul for Atomis wave (I needed Xbox One controller support anyway and fine tuned your very useful batch file - thanks very much for that.

I still get the odd error, but that's to be expected, but generally it works fine!

Guys this is a little over complicated so I'll share my setup and maybe it can help you or someone else in the end.

1st no need for the .bat file it will however require you to have Demul setup twice as an emulator in LB. You will still only need one instance of Demul on your PC but you will just have to point to it twice using different parameters.

Dreamcast setup

EmulatorDetailsDemul.JPGAssociatedPlatformDemul.JPGArcade Setup

EmulatorDetailsDemulArcade.JPGAssociatedPlatformDemulArcade.JPGHope this helps and this way you don't need a .bat for every arcade board

• Like 2

Yeah basically you're just setting up separate entries for the same emulator, with different parameters, and renaming the entries to distinguish them from one another (so you know which "emulator" to pick per game). They don't have to be directed to the exact same .exe but they can be. If you want to use separate installs of Demul though, that's perfectly fine too - the separate emulator entries just need to be directed to whatever Demul path/install you want for each. The point is simply that if you want 1 emulator to do X in one instance and Y in a different instance, you can setup separate emulator entries for each scenario and name one "Emulator - X" and the other "Emulator - Y" and choose them as needed from game to game or platform to platform. I've actually never used it for Demul (I only use Demul for DC stuff) but I use that method pretty extensively with Retroarch.

Multiple-Retroarch-Emulators.jpgBased on @DOS76's example, the "use filename only" flag needs to be enabled for the arcade stuff, but shouldn't be for DC. This makes it a good use scenario for separate entries (because that flag is likely to make them mutually exclusive).

• Like 1