LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo CD

angelobodetti

There is no Retroarch core unfortunately.

Someone was asking about this a couple of nights ago and the ways I got it to work was through stand alone Final Burn Alpha and Mess.

To me the better option was Mess because you can fast forward through the LOOONNNGGGG load screens and you have HLSL shaders.

Here is the thread from a couple of nights ago

And doing a search brought up this one about using NeoRaine

I have not tried using NeoRaine at all so I cannot comment on it.

Honestly it was about the same difficulty setting up. The hardest part was finding the actual bios files for it.

The bios file for FBA was actually in the complete FBA rom set though.

The right Mess bios was tougher to find but once I found them setting it up was easy enough (as far as Mess setup goes anyways).

Mess is my preferred way to emulate the system for the reasons mentioned above, shaders and skipping through the long load times. The NeoGeo CD had notoriously long load times with its 1x speed cd drive and it's something you really do not want to emulate and I could not find a way to speed it up in FBA.