LaunchBox Community Forums

Details on skipped games during MAME import

DJQuad

Hey all, I'm importing a complete ROM set and would like to skip a lot of the cruft games. Does anyone know how to detail what games are actually being skipped on each of the options? For example, what games are fruit games, or non-arcade games?

Thanks,

DJ

@Jason CarrI thought of this the other night but haven't mentioned it yet but what if like the new method to add subsequent disks as additional apps we added an option to parse the MAME list and add the clones as additional apps then you would only be skipping the other junk you would get the clones but they wouldn't at the same time be junking up your install with many multiples of the same game taking up visible space on your screen. Also it would be cool if you could work in a number that would appear for a game with any additional apps showing which games had them set up and how many you had setup for that game.

• Like 1

That is indeed a great idea, @DOS76. That would be awesome to have all the versions at your fingertips. I hate to ask, but can you add a ticket?

@DJQuad, I see now. Yeah, I'm not sure there's going to be a good solution for that really. You could modify either the Metadata.xml or Lightspeed's data files but that would be quite a chore.

• Like 1

A MAME list I'm guessing an official one but I'm not sure for which version Jason has it setup or if he has ever updated it since he 1st implemented it. MAME makes changes monthly.

Jason beat me to it.

Edited by DOS76

On 8/31/2016 at 0:12 PM, Jason Carr said:

Not sure for Lightspeed, but the LaunchBox importer uses the LaunchBox\Metadata\Mame.xml file. Sorry if I was misleading earlier; I had forgotten that we were using a separate file for the MAME metadata.

Yeah perhaps when LaunchBox gets past the core features there can be more rom-management and audit features (or even plugins) that will help people working with full sets. It's the only thing stopping myself and many others from making the full switch from RocketLauncher and a handful of HyperSpin auditing tools.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...