LaunchBox Community Forums

snk emulation

djwar

Just now, lordmonkus said:

Unfortunately there is no easy way unless you can find a bat file already made to copy them out to a new folder. The easiest solution barring really shitty internet is to re-download a NeoGeo only rom set. The rom set has not changed for the newer versions of Mame or the rom set for that version.

I think I have an idea Lordmonkus, correct me if Im wrong..

in the platform dropdown, select publisher to filter it and then select snk to see which games I have, and just go for those

but Im not quite sure about it

Ok here, I cannot guarantee this will work for you but a quick test worked for me. Here is a bat file that I made to first create a NeoGeo folder and then copy all the rom files into the folder it created. I generated this list from my NeoGeo rom set which should have the same names as the Mame files. It should include every game rom and bios file. If your file extensions are 7z instead of zip just use the bulk edit of notepad to change it.

Just drop the bat file into the same folder as your NeoGeo roms and run it. I do not know what will happen if it runs into a file that is not in your folder.

NeoGeo Copy.bat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Ok here, I cannot guarantee this will work for you but a quick test worked for me. Here is a bat file that I made to first create a NeoGeo folder and then copy all the rom files into the folder it created. I generated this list from my NeoGeo rom set which should have the same names as the Mame files. It should include every game rom and bios file. If your file extensions are 7z instead of zip just use the bulk edit of notepad to change it.

Just drop the bat file into the same folder as your NeoGeo roms and run it. I do not know what will happen if it runs into a file that is not in your folder.

NeoGeo Copy.bat

My neo geo folder is empty at the moment is that ok to double click it there

3 minutes ago, Maddoc1007 said:

If it works well i think the bat should be stickied

If this works I will upload it to the utilities page.

The way I created this was:

I generated a txt file of the folder contents using the command line:
dir /s /b > list.txt

Then I opened it in Notepad++ and used the bulk find and replace to remove the folder tree from each line and replace it with the copy command so all that was left was
copy romname.zip.

Then to add the folder I was copying to the end of each line using the bulk edit again. In the bulk edit tool I turned on Regular expression at the bottom. In the "Find what" field I just simply put in $ and in the "Replace with" field I put in NeoGeo with a space in front of it so it was " NeoGeo". The space was important or else it just tacked on the end with no space.

Renamed the file with the extension .bat and ran it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

If this works I will upload it to the utilities page.

The way I created this was:

I generated a txt file of the folder contents using the command line:
dir /s /b > list.txt

Then I opened it in Notepad++ and used the bulk find and replace to remove the folder tree from each line and replace it with the copy command so all that was left was
copy romname.zip.

Then to add the folder I was copying to the end of each line using the bulk edit again. In the bulk edit tool I turned on Regular expression at the bottom. In the "Find what" field I just simply put in $ and in the "Replace with" field I put in NeoGeo with a space in front of it so it was " NeoGeo". The space was important or else it just tacked on the end with no space.

Renamed the file with the extension .bat and ran it.

It worked but...

but for instance, alpha mission

it only copied to neogeo the alpha mission 2 not alpha mission 1

will it be possible to make this bat file to move files instead of copy it

Cool, glad it worked. Romlister and other programs like it are good for what they do. The only reason I was able to do this so quickly was because I already had a full romset pulled out in it's own folder already to generate a txt file and edit accordingly.

I will make a couple of different bat files for zip and 7z, move and copy and upload them to the utilities download page.

Just now, lordmonkus said:

Yeah just use the bulk edit function in notepad to change copy to move.

And there is no Alpha Mission 1 for the NeoGeo, it was before the NeoGeo so it's not part of the set.

you are right, I just found a list of neo geo games

also lightspeed generated a text file with all neogeo rom set, total of 222 including clones and 157 with no clones.

is that the same amount you have?