LaunchBox Community Forums

Compressed dreamcast games not launching prorperly

astoufu

All the files are in the temp folder. The GDI, BIN and RAW stuff.

I wonder if it's looking in the temp directory for the .gdi main file, but then going back to the original directory for the associated files.

Similar to if you let LaunchBox move the game file to the Games directory under LaunchBox it will only move the one file you associated with the game, not all the additional files needed.

You could test it by only zipping the .gdi file and leaving the other files uncompressed in the original directory.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, timekills said:

I wonder if it's looking in the temp directory for the .gdi main file, but then going back to the original directory for the associated files.

Similar to if you let LaunchBox move the game file to the Games directory under LaunchBox it will only move the one file you associated with the game, not all the additional files needed.

You could test it by only zipping the .gdi file and leaving the other files uncompressed in the original directory.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looking through NullDC log, looks like the emulators try to load the BIN or RAW file instead of the GDI, that's why i am getting the crashes.

Unfortunately i can't leave my games uncompressed due to low hard drive space.

I am wondering if there is a way to create a Batch file that will search for GDI, but could not think in a command for it.

Edited by astoufu
word missing

Finally i got a solution for my problem with a BAT file. I will leave the solution here, so everyone can use it when it needed.

in your temp folder inside 7-zip, create this BAT:

@echo off

for /f "delims=" %%x in ('dir /od /a-d /b *.gdi') do set recent=%%x

"G:\Emuladores\Demul\Demul.exe" -run=dc -image="%recent%"

This will load the latest GDI file created on Demul.

• Like 3

This worked for me, but in order to exit the Demul emulator from the game (via escape key), I had to change the default autohotkey script for Demul emulator config in Launchbox to this:

$Escape::

Process, Close, demul.exe

ExitAPP

return

So using the batch file, thanks @astoufu !!, and the above autohotkeyscript, I'm good to go. And using Launchbox, I no longer have the problem I had before with Rocketlauncher not cleaning up the extracted demul game files (only was a problem with Demul for some reason in rocketlauncher).

1 hour ago, ckp said:

This worked for me, but in order to exit the Demul emulator from the game (via escape key), I had to change the default autohotkey script for Demul emulator config in Launchbox to this:

$Escape::

Process, Close, demul.exe

ExitAPP

return

So using the batch file, thanks @astoufu !!, and the above autohotkeyscript, I'm good to go. And using Launchbox, I no longer have the problem I had before with Rocketlauncher not cleaning up the extracted demul game files (only was a problem with Demul for some reason in rocketlauncher).

Good solution, now i can exit Demul with Escape too.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...