LaunchBox Community Forums

Media Missing everyday

Bonoscot

Yup same here, all my Mame Data vanished it is still in the right folders but Launchbox just isnt seeing it. Tried re DLing all of it and still have the same issue. I really wanted to like this FE but with all the weird little issues (window moving, RL crashing while in bigbox repeatedly, Bigbox crashing, etc..)  I just dont think its right for me. I dont regret my License purchase and hopefully it will get better but its back to hyperspin and gameex for my cab for now.

Have ye set the path to your media in LaunchBox.  To do so open LaunchBox, on the menu bar go to tools, then down and click on manage platforms, pick the platform and click on edit.  When the Platforms box opens up 2nd tab at top called folder, then set the paths for all your media.  also in the main menu bar at the top in LaunchBox the is a link called Image Type if you changed this to an image type you don't have images for it will show up as blank even though you have as you said the images.  There is also another option that must be set image priorities.  You find this in the menu bar of LaunchBox, Tools down to options, you'll see a section on the left Images with the sub categories the priorities for the images make sure you set the priorities for the images you want by putting a check in the boxes on each of the priorities type when you click on them.

Have ye set the path to your media in LaunchBox.  To do so open LaunchBox, on the menu bar go to tools, then down and click on manage platforms, pick the platform and click on edit.  When the Platforms box opens up 2nd tab at top called folder, then set the paths for all your media.  also in the main menu bar at the top in LaunchBox the is a link called Image Type if you changed this to an image type you don't have images for it will show up as blank even though you have as you said the images.  There is also another option that must be set image priorities.  You find this in the menu bar of LaunchBox, Tools down to options, you'll see a section on the left Images with the sub categories the priorities for the images make sure you set the priorities for the images you want by putting a check in the boxes on each of the priorities type when you click on them.

Also you can set the image type for each platform by clicking on platform say mame then in the menu bar top right, when you click on Image Type you can change it there for that platform.

• Like 1

Are you sure you're not just accidentally set to the wrong image type (like say "carts" instead of "boxes")? Click on the drop-down at the top right of LB and to change the image type. None of your media should "disappear" but you could be set to display the wrong type of media (which you might not have).

• Like 1

Yes, media does not ever just disappear from LaunchBox. However, it can appear that way because sometimes the cache is outdated and your settings don't match up to what you expect. Take a look at the image priorities options under Tools > Options as well as looking at the image type dropdown per @Zombeaver.

A few versions back we also restructured the image folders (though it's been quite a while now) so it's also possible that you may need to move some images around on disk if you had previously customized your image folders for your platforms.

Still missing images,however it appears only in desktop mode,when launching in Bigbox all media and art are fine.

I have redownloaded the images missing and it flashes and turns black with logo inside.....yet as stating the images appear fine in BB mode.

Kinda frustrating when attempting to clean up and install real missing images

anything on this yet?

So you've got an image type of "Boxes" selected and they don't appear in LB but they do in BB? That doesn't make any sense if so... There shouldn't be any discrepancy between the two.

Edit one of the game entries (ctrl+e or right-click and edit) and look at the images section at the bottom right. Do you see images there? If so, what's the image-type (Boxes - Front, Screenshot - Gameplay, etc.)?

ye I right click and the screenshots appear....I have redownloaded the front cover about 10 times and it still doesn't appear....the image flashes but it still doesn't display,yet it does in big box

I set all my folders as well

edit: ok I unchecked beta,deleted front covers and they have appeared again....so I will see if they stay this time

Edited by Bonoscot