LaunchBox Community Forums

Question

Temp

General question, does anyone use DarkUmbra.net to get info on 3DS emulation, and if so is the site worthwhile or just a waste of time? I know it's primarily for Wii game info but I was told there is a 3DS section with a lot of info.

Thanks for any help B|

Edited by Temp

It's definitely an emulator to keep an eye on and hopefully in the semi near future it will be in what I would call a usable state but for right now it isn't. Even on my 4 GHz system games like Mario, Zelda and StarFox are unplayably slow. Some games will be playable at full or near full speeds but that will be on a game by game basis for now. Check back in on it in a few months to a year.

Best bet if you really want to play 3DS right now is to get a used 3DS and buy used games since they are actually affordable or buy a Gateway backup card to "try" games out ;)

The DS and 3DS with their stylus touch controls really don't translate well to a normal controller. Obviously some games don't make extensive use of the touch screen and those would be extremely playable.

@lordmonkus did you see Austins new video he claims they made a huge speed increases and that games are running full speed and even hyper speed instead so now they have to throttle it back the video was pretty interesting and looks promising I'm getting ready to start playing with it if there aren't too many hoops that is.

2 hours ago, DOS76 said:

@lordmonkus did you see Austins new video he claims they made a huge speed increases and that games are running full speed and even hyper speed instead so now they have to throttle it back the video was pretty interesting and looks promising I'm getting ready to start playing with it if there aren't too many hoops that is.

w00t!

Like I said, my collection of 3DS games is very small. It isn't easy finding decrypted roms and you need these for emulation. Maybe some other games out there load and play better and I am quite sure that this emulator will become very good relatively quickly (within a year). Progress is seemingly moving along extremely well which is always a good thing. Maybe there is some magic nightly build that works but the latest official build and the latest EmuCR builds are still way too slow on the games I have. They do all boot though. Correction: with the latest nightly build only Mario and Link Between Worlds boot, other 3 are just black screens and errors.

The games I have to try out is:
Kid Icarus
Zelda, A Link Between Worlds
Zelda, Majoras Mask
StarFox
Mario 3D Land