LaunchBox Community Forums

New payment method

sagaopc

@Jason Carr, please, add new payment methods. Brazilian people like so much of launchbox, but it requires international credit card, and the price is so high to buy at once. 

To understand:

$20 = 66 Reais

$50= 160 Reais

minimum wage in Brazil = 880 Reais

Mostly people in Brazil live with this wage or a bit more.

Ideas:

Theres a lot of payment methods to put, like paypal, Boa compra and pag seguro. All them allow you to parcel this payment in 2X or 3X. 

PayPal won't do business with Jason due to their extremely limited (simpleminded) understanding of what emulation is so that option is already eliminated. I see that Valve does business with Boa Compra so they sound like they may be a reputable company and possibly a viable option for Jason to look into. I couldn't find much on Pag Seguro in E;nglish.

• Like 1

Hi @sagaopc, I know payments are unfortunately a struggle for some people outside of the US who do not have a credit card. I need to put some more work into other payment method possibilities; however, it is often difficult or impossible to implement payment methods that are meant for other countries without having a presence in that country. I've had trouble with this in the past, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I Think after you implement other payment methods you should also think about putting a price based on locations like they do on steam and orgin does with their games ( i mean in some places 50$ is a lot of money, like in Brazil it is about R$ 200,00 which expensive for most of people) , so people could buy it instead of trying alternative methods to get your software.