LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional Apps mass edit

ckp

ideally i want to add a before and after "additional app" platform wide, but that currently does not exist in LB.

the alternative is to set per game which works awesomely, but i do not want to manually add my before and after app to every single game in my platform!! ugh!

i don't see a way using the bulk select all edit either. :(

is there another way? please say there is :)

As luck would have it, I did not have to manually add an additional before and after app to my Daphne games. Since I'm using a batch file as the emulator to launch these games, I just added the start command and after command to this batch file and it works platform wide. :)

• Like 1

Hi @ckp.

Maybe I didn't explain properly. My fault.

As you know Additional Apps can be used to run stuff before the main app and also to end it if needed after the main app closes.
They can also be used via the context menu to open stuff like images, docs, urls etc.
And they can also be used to launch a different version of the main game. Maybe a cracked version or a pre-release one.
When used to play a different version of the main game or the next disk of a multi-disk game, if the main game runs under emulation then you would enable this box to allow the version added as an Additional App to use emulation also.

23 hours ago, Jason Carr said:
23 hours ago, ckp said:

As luck would have it, I did not have to manually add an additional before and after app to my Daphne games. Since I'm using a batch file as the emulator to launch these games, I just added the start command and after command to this batch file and it works platform wide. :)

This stopped working since I upgraded to 6.9! :(

I run daphne games with a batch file. the first part launches Xpadder, then i launch the game with the emulator, and finally i run taskkill to exit Xpadder. This was working great as a platform level tweak, but now it seems the taskkill part never runs anymore with 6.9 .

ok, it seems now this only works when pressing the keyboard escape key. i use xbox360 and controller automation to escape out also. the xbox360 will indeed escape out of the daphne game but it seems to do it in a way that does not return back to the batch file to run the last line. 

was something changed here?

i just tested this to be sure. i add this to the end of the batch file:

echo %time% > r:\test.txt

the only time test.txt gets created is when i exit the game by keyboard escape key. if i use xbox360 automation escape, the file never gets created.

it's possible before 6.9 i was just using keyboard or Xpadder escape on xbox360. so this issue may exit before too.

@Jason Carr,  is it expected that the automation escape/exit would not return to the parent or the batch file to run the last or remaining lines?

Edited by ckp

• 3 weeks later...