LaunchBox Community Forums

Cabinet Button layout

dov_EL

In traditional and also special bartop, I seem to me that all adopt the same position of the buttons on the dashboard.
But ... that's great for MAME = Arcade games, but I've never seen anyone just leave MAME in bartop, most of us place all possible, Nintendo NES, Megadrive, SNES, PC Engine, and are fine because these consoles had no analog sticks, then we find those who place there also the Playstation games, GameCube and other consoles where he makes extensive use of analog sticks, but this is another "problem" needless to discuss it in this thread.
I use that Retroarch not configure buttons on each emulator but in this case uses a unique configuration for all emulators (apart mame), and thanks to this now STANDARD position, playing the SNES and Megadrive titles is always unnatural and too contrived and artificial.
Perhaps for the placement of the buttons on the dashboard should try the Pad position of the Super Nintendo.

A few remarks:

These are officers of the joystick console

Immagine

I think ,... this is the best

Immagine

What do you think ?

Edited by dovella

You're right. On my bartop, I did a classic panel with 6 buttons (+ Start + select + exit). And for all the platform requiring a analog stick, I have a xBox One pad. The dongle is in the bartop. It's not perfect, but it works. By the way, because my bartop is very small (15 "), the pad is also used in 2nd player for classic games.